Thread: To the talent

MasterRoller720 is offline -Hacks Newbie

hey, i have an idea i want to see if anyone here can pull it off. i want an app that will change my background every week. i get tired of seeing the same one for a month. I'm already working with the PSPersonalize thing for custom backgrounds.

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It isn't possible to run applications without selecting it in the games menu. So there is no way to have it automatically change every week, unless someone came out with a firmware hack which shortens the amount of days in a month to seven and adds extra... nevermind, that would be stupid. I don't see how this would work out...

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

On boot the PSP has a routine of things that it runs through... you know? before going to the home menu it boots any UMD that's inserted in the drive... if we could alter the "autoexec" or autorun of the PSP to run apps on the stick prior to checking for a UMD it could be possible... nothing's impossible... MasterRoller should look into it and see what he can pull off... impress us dude. : )

modsyn is offline -Hacks Guru

On boot the PSP has a routine of things that it runs through... you know? before going to the home menu it boots any UMD that's inserted in the drive... if we could alter the "autoexec" or autorun of the PSP to run apps on the stick prior to checking for a UMD it could be possible... nothing's impossible... MasterRoller should look into it and see what he can pull off... impress us dude. : )
    i'm not sure if it was complete BS, but i read somewhere (maybe here) that
    a group was working on some custom firmware for the psp. maybe with
    that you'd be able to do this kind of stuff. ?
    jMEnc Guide, jMEnc2 page - by the way, you smell nice

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

i'm not sure if it was complete BS, but i read somewhere (maybe here) that
    a group was working on some custom firmware for the psp. maybe with
    that you'd be able to do this kind of stuff. ?
    Yeah I was talkin' to someone on IRC who was braggin' about being a part of a group working on that project... Seemed legit enough, however, I'm not sure if this is on their to-do list for the project, however if they left it open and fully customizable, but n00bie-proof it would be sweet.... forget his name or the name of his group tho... i'll keep an I out and if I find him again I'll ask him what's up and post it to this thread.

MasterRoller720 is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks guys, i'll look into that. but honestly, i have no idea where to start, i'm a noob at programming apps and all. i know this isn't the right forum, but any tips on how to start? thanks guys.