Thread: Do you use irc fserves?

septicmadman is offline -Hacks Member

It seems that everyone uses torrents and mass stroage sites like filefactory, but no one seems to use IRC. Why I ask, to complicated?

Fetty is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i use them but only for music, hard to find music, for example #bay2la on efnet bay area rap so many albums... irc releases sooner i know (almost as fast as newsgroups) but torrents are just easier and queueing etc is annoying so i only use irc when i cant find what im looking for elsewhere...
    Yee!

LordCthulu is offline Senior Member -Hacks Enthusiast

I used to get games (quake 3, unreal tournament 2004, etc) off there, but I didn't use fserve..I used..erm I can't remember the other one haha its been so long.
    Oldest psp-hacks member ever.

sakamoto is offline -Hacks Newbie

xdcc

Butch is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Same here, on xdcc.

It is not that I dont like xdcc...no reason it just is...

Colt45 is offline -Hacks Newbie

I've gotten all kinds of music off IRC, its great, even have a script called autoget and it runs like a p2p program kinda, makes it alot easier... anyway, I've been having a little problem, I konw i could ask elsewhere but decided to ask anyway. I can connect to a server and everything completely fine, but when i try to join a channel, it says, "enter channel name" or something like that in a dialog box, then has a place to type something in, so i type #xxxxx or w/e the channel name is, but that doesnt do anything, try typing /join #xxxx into the status box, nothing... if you know what to do, tell me, or i can look somewhere else, or i could just download a differnt irc app too, maybe that will work... right now im using mIRC. Peace.

Type /list to bring up a graphic that allows you to select the channel or you can just use the button that is a hammer and something i belive, and use the get list for the server you are connected to.

dealz is offline -Hacks Newbie

I used to heavly use IRC, but I now have a newsgroup account with giganews and I would never go back.

Colt45 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ok, I type in /list in to the status box, I already knew you could do this, but I tried it still, and when I double click a channel to join it...

it brings up this little box, no matter what server I join... Efnet, Undernet, or channel, it still does it, and I don't know what to type into the box, I probably just changed some setting, so I'm gonna reset all of them to default. If that doesn't work, I'll try some other IRC client. Or reinstall mIRC...