Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fart_Sniffers gta custom music guide (.mp3's>.gta's)

fart_sniffer is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

ok so there is a lot about the custom music in gta and i found a way that is easy and and works because i have tryed it and i will post screen shots ;)

also this guide is only for the forums at http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT!!!!!! lol i completly forgot about the most important step
    the step i forgot is why some ppl cant get it working
    all u do is goto X:PSP/GAMESAVES and make this file

if ur gta save file is EX. ULUS10041S0 then remove the S0 at the end and add CUSTOMTRACKS to make it look like ULUS10041CUSTOMTRACKS

so it goes from ULUS10041S0 >>> ULUS10041CUSTOMTRACKS

then it will work definatly

first off download http://www.magiciso.com/ and install ... then open it and
    !!!!NOTE!!!! the magic iso that u will download is the trial version and has a 300mb limit. if some1 knows how to get nero can u pm or email me

click on file/new/audio cd image
    then the window will change to fit the audio cd image..
    from there u will make ur magic iso maker window and ur music folder window side by side like this
    and then u will select them all and drag em over like this
    then u will click on file/save as and then save to your desktop as a .cue file (note it will make 2 files on ur desktop) like shown

ok now for the slightly messy part
    download daemon iso emulator http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/dow...tegory&catid=5
    and install it
    when u install it open it and it will make this icon on your task bar
    and then right click on the icon which is currently red/emulation/all options on like so
    then u right click on the now green daemon iso emulator icon on your task bar/"virtual cd/dvd-rom"/ set number of devices/ 1 drive as shown
    then right click on daemon again and virtual "cd/dvd-rom"/device 0: [ ] no media/ set device paramteters like shown in the 2 following pictures

then u change VENDOR to GTA and MODEL to CD-ROM then change the drive letter to F: as it will probably not be in use
    then you willonce again right click on daemon and click on virtual "cd/dvd-rom"/device 0: [ F ] no media !!!!( notic how in [] there is a drive letter now)!!!! / mount image
    and u will then find your .cue file on your desktop that you had created earlyer and open it
    this will now meen that you have a cd in the drive F

ok now for the final part download the rockstar music converter at http://www.psp-hacks.com/2005/10/28/...dtrack-loader/
    and install it
    then you open the rockstar music converter and select the new drive F which should be called GTA CD-ROM
    and then you should see a list of the music in the .cue file that you had already made (mine only has 1 track becasue i put 1 in as a sample to make it go faster)
    you will then click on the icon at the side that shows a cd to psp conversion and it will convert it to ur psp !!!!(note you must already have a gta save file on your memory stick for the cmustom music to transfer over)!!!

and when u open your X: PSP/SAVEDATA/ ULUS10041CUSTOMTRACKS !!!!(note your ......custom tracks folder could have different #'s / letters)!!!!
    from there u select the songs in the order that they apeared in the magic iso maker and that is how you can re-label them to what there real name is instead of the generic 01 track01.... to there real name

if u already closed the magic iso maker window open up notepad and then run gta goto the audio/ custom tracks / turn on and then get in a vehicle and listen to the music then type it out on notepad what song 01track01 is and do the same for the rest then open up the custom music file on ur comp and edit the song name !!!!(note make sure u keep the .gta in the file name)!!!! to whatever you typed it out as in note pad

i hope everyone who bought gta legally enjoys this guide cause it took me a shit of a long time to make it with screen shots n ect...
    also this guide is only for the forums at http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/

i will email this to greg so that he can put an update on the front page or make this a sticky :)

if greg cant make it a sticky in his spare time then can a mod make it a sticky

krazylilroker777 is offline -Hacks God

i saw this over at pspupdates.com yesterday

no that guide at psp updates doesnt work i tryed it
    and pluys the one they use for making iso's is not a free program
    and this guide has screen shots to show what to do

TALL_GUY is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

this is great man, good job.

so the rockstar converter turns the mp3s to .at3 right? isnt that the same type as the radio stations in the umd/iso?

Yo-ho.. yo-ho.. a pirates life for me...

ryderd is offline -Hacks Ninja

sucks that i have to use CDs/album but i love my 5 albums w00t :E

no it converts mp3's into .gta files and the .gta files r the only type that work so far

and ryderd this guide is how to convert mp3's into .gta files
    which meens u dont need the cd's

ryderd is offline -Hacks Ninja

no it converts mp3's into .gta files and the .gta files r the only type that work so far

and ryderd this guide is how to convert mp3's into .gta files
    which meens u dont need the cd's
    Oh Reallyy :eek: :eek: HOLY SHIT THANKS FART_SNIFFER w00t :mrgreen: :eek: :eek:

ya i know that some people r thinking "why did he make this guide there r already so many ways" well this way is different n it works

############################################
    i made this post to get every1 attention

ok i looked at this screen shots i took n they r not the best quality so i have the origonal screen shots with the instructions in note pad in a zip file on my comp

if u cant c the screen shots good enough to understand them then give me a holler and i will email u the zip file (which is a little over 8mb)

Last edited by fart_sniffer; 05-05-2011 at 08:06 PM.

DillestDRpapi is offline -Hacks Newbie

hey sniffer thanks alot man but im having a problem i did everything step by step until i got to the part where i have to click cd to psp, it doesn't allow me to do so.

whats going on? i have the psp in usb mode and i have a gta file saved with like 222mb space on my mem stick. whats the problem, could you help me out?

if u have AOL/AIm, IM me at DillestDRpapi, or just answer here but id prefer in IM thanks

Snatiago A. is offline -Hacks Newbie

Check it out everyone I was surfing the web finding an easier way to put my mp3's into my gta lcs game before any info I give you i have to give credit to NOSFERATU from mobile deviant you can also give me credit for finding it if you wish hopefully this will make it to the front page since its very usefull and easy also its my first post so heres the link if you want to go to the web site. http://mobiledeviant.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2064
    Heres what he wrote:

I guess you can all call me the HACKMASTER!!!! or at least the work-around kid =)

I have figured out how to put ALL of your favorite music on GTA.... RIGHT FROM ALL OF YOUR MP3s!!!!

Here is how you do it....

1. Go download this music converter from our DOWNLOAD SECTION. Also download the GTA official music converter from our download section.

2. Play some GTA and save your game. (You need a save file to exist to have a custom track selection)

3. Install the official GTA music converter app.

4. Launch the GTA audio converter with your PSP conntected to your PC

5. Insert a store bought CD and select a track from the list (it doesn't matter what song, you wont have to leave it.)

6. Click the button to convert & copy the song off the CD to your PSP. (This will create the directory that is in step 7)

7. Now go into this directory on your PSP "*:PSPSAVEDATAULUS10041CUSTOMTRACKS" (I am not sure if it will have the same number, but it will end in CUSTOMTRACKS.) Then minimize that window.... we will be going back to that in a few.

8. Now here comes the KOOL hacking/work-around part.

9. Install the older Audio converter from the MD download section that you downloaded in step one.

10. This time you don't need to put in a CD, just select MP3s from your computer and it will convert the music to a .toc file.

11. Now go to each file that you converted and change the file extension from .toc to .gta.

12. NOW Copy the files that you just made to the "*:PSPSAVEDATAULUS10041CUSTOMTRACKS" directory.

13. That's IT... now just launch GTA, press start to bring up the menu.... set it to custom music and return to the game. Get in a car and all of the music that you have just converted will be playing through your radio in GTA.

The way I figured this out....

I have had that "other" audio converter for a LONG time... I used it for changing the music on Burnout legends. The reason why I figured it would work.... it is actually the same application as the new one for GTA. But they made the GTA one limited so you couldn't use MP3s. They both convert to the same format.... it just has a different file extension. So just change the file extension and BAM... you can use all your MP3s to listen to while driving in GTA.

I personally did not install the gta converter i only changed the .toc to .gta and it worked this is by far the best way and it easy. :8)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast