Thread: USB internet connection

sticky icky is offline -Hacks Newbie

Does anyone think it would be possible to connect to the internet through the usb connection?

polishpimpdice21 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

no

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

it could be in the future, but not now... the psp is a slave device which means that it can only go stupid and sit there like a stupid hard drive right now... maybe in the future something could change in the firmware... nothing's impossible, but now... no

Gary13579 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Ninja

it could be in the future, but not now... the psp is a slave device which means that it can only go stupid and sit there like a stupid hard drive right now... maybe in the future something could change in the firmware... nothing's impossible, but now... no
    If it was really just a slave, how would the headset for SOCOM work?
    Or the voice thing for Talkman?

However, I really don't think internet with USB is possible. Go out and buy a damn wireless router, they are only like $15 used :/

lord is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

sticky icky is offline -Hacks Newbie

please excuse my ignorance oh mighty, all knowing Lord master of psp...

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Another reason you can't do that is because the USB cord is directly connected to the memory stick, so unless someone figured out how to forward data from the USB port --> memory stick --> RAM and back, and establish an Internet connection through that, it wouldn't work.

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

If it was really just a slave, how would the headset for SOCOM work?
    Or the voice thing for Talkman?

However, I really don't think internet with USB is possible. Go out and buy a damn wireless router, they are only like $15 used :/
    CURRENTLY the only way the usb is able to communicate with the computer is by becoming a slave device to the PC and acting as a USB HD. Any peripherals that connect to the PSP through the USB port are treated differently. Think about it... what USB devices do you use with your Computer?... if you have a USB mouse, would you consider your PC to be a slave to the mouse? No... your mouse is just a I/O device that uses the USB interface to transfer interrupt requests to your computer... any USB device for the PSP acts in the same way... the PSP does not become a slave to the Talkman or the headset... the device only acts as an input/output device for the PSP... When you go into USB mode, your PSP goes stupid and sits waiting for actions to be executed on the computer. All events are managed on and by your PC.... I was going somewhere with this but I gotta go home...

kylej is offline -Hacks Member

oh thats the way to tell them take that bitches! lol
    W4T3R - Incredibly Funny Funny site, check it out.