Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2.50 -> 1.5?

I'm FrankOng, Bitch! is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

from pspupdates.com

Sunday, November 13, 2005
    Possible 2.50 Overflow Exploit - Warning NOT Tested

We’ve gotten about 20 emails from users claiming that a new TIF overflow has been created for PSP firmware version 2.50. Basically, it claims to freeze up the PSP when run, just like the original overflow exploit for 2.00 did. A similar exploit was found in the 2.00 firmware, which was used to create the MPH 2.00 -> 1.50 downgrader.

We do not have a fv2.50 PSP here at QJ, and even if we did we’d be hesitant to try such a file without the creator stepping forward and giving us more information (email us!). We weren’t going to put this up, but we figured there would be people out there that would want to hear about it. If it’s true, then great. If not, then oh well, no loss.

We warn you though, that EBOOT files that brick (break) your PSP *do* exist, and we strongly caution all but the most knowledgeable users not to download and test this file. We are only posting it so that we can get validation and pass a verdict one way or another on this file. As soon as we can pass judgement, I will update this post (or delete it if it’s bogus). Get the EBOOT [here].

http://files.pspupdates.qj.net/cgi-b...,0,0,0,38,1764

We know that many of you feel strongly about “shady” releases such as this, but please keep the comments civil. Voice your opinion, but do not flame. Everyone has a different opinion on things, respect that or lose commenting privileges.
    Oh, and I forgot to mention there is a crappy low quality video, which can be seen [here].

has anyone tried it, and could it be a breakthrough in 2.5? :rolleyes:

krazylilroker777 is offline -Hacks God

damn imagine if that was tru ..i really doub it

Thursday is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I hope this is true! It's great if things are progressing, oh I can't wait for someone to test it, It'll be out soon enough if it's real or not.

Def-E is offline -Hacks Member

for all those ppl that upgraded your psp to 2.5, any of you guys willin ta try dis?

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

All this does is crash your PSP. Unless you plan on trying to hack 2.5, there is no reason to try this.

okaypsp is offline -Hacks Neophyte

a little off-topic but is there a firmware version 2.3 and 2.4 becuase i didn't see it anywhere and all a sudden 2.5 appear...

anyways, i would say that for anyone who just got a PSP 2.5 that is still in the refund period should give it a risk and try this out becuase if it brick your psp, just exchange it for another one or possibly just return it for a refund..

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

No, there is no 2.3 or 2.4. You obviously don't know how version numbers work.

estaticxalde is offline -Hacks Newbie

any update with a 5 or o at the end adds a new feature man.. and any other means a security update..in other words..no homebrew

krazylilroker777 is offline -Hacks God

thats no tru.....well kinda in way but look at 1.52 it gave u the umd disc feautre

okaypsp is offline -Hacks Neophyte

anyways, back to topic, it seems like the overflow for 2.5 is really truth!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast