Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GENTS,your knowledge is needed (screen question)

Few
    Few is offline -Hacks Newbie

Ok lads,first of all i'd like to say hi to the psp hacks community for all the help they 've been providing...
    Ok,to the problem i have: I noticed some yellow spots (very faint) mostly on the lower edges of the screen.Now,i 've read that these kind of probles occur mostly when and if you apply pressure on Lcd screens but that 's not the case since i take good care of the console and putting it in my logitech case after every use.
    These faint yellow spots are mostly visible when seeing the White boot screen every time i launch a game/aplication (obviously).
    Some guy told me that this can be caused by smoke (which i doubt).
    So my friends ,what i ask is this:Is this problem that i have normal since all lcd screens tend to be VERY sensitive and is caused by time (my Psp is one month and a half old),OR is there something wrong with my screen?
    Oh,and something else by the way,when i bought the console i had NONe dead pixels but after 2-3 weeks i got 1 dead-what's the deal?i didn't hit or dropped the console...
    Thank you in advance for any replies gents

KALHNYXTA

EleMenT is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Maybe they are stuck. Try using the stuck pixel fixer.. you should be able to find it on www.pspupdates.qj.net. Its a video file that you put on your psp. Start it and put it on repeat, and let it run for an hour or so (make sure you have it plugged in). It may give you a seizure, but you'll have to live through it :) . This doesnt allways work either...

Few
    Few is offline -Hacks Newbie

Thank you ElemenT for your kind reply,as i said though,they're not dead nor stuck pixels,they are very faint (yellow) spots over the screen...
    I've tried the "stuck pixel remover" for the 1 that i have in the lower right corner of the screen many times in the past but to no avail (the pixel must be dead-it's white).
    God bless you :)

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

I had a PSP that had a yellow dot in it as well, however the dot was visible when the PSP was off... it was something inside the casing... drove me FRIGGIN NUTS!... so i took it back and exchanged it... the chick said "dead pixels?" before I even told her what was wrong, but I explained to her it was different... She must get a lot of returns for dead pixels, just to see the PSP in my hand and guess what was wrong like that.

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

Are you talking about yellow DOTS or spotted areas in the plastic in front of the LCD screen?

Your comment about PUSHING on the LCD screen confused me as that is not possible with the PSP. There is a VERY HARD piece of plastic between you and the PSPs LCD screen.

Yellow splotching can occur in plastics from sun damage and like your friend said, smoking. It has nothing to do with your LCD screen and can be fixed by buying a new face plate.

BUT if you are talking about yellow DOTS that are in fact in your LCD screen then those are STUCK pixels and MIGHT (keyword MIGHT) be fixable with a stuck pixel fixer.
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

krazylilroker777 is offline -Hacks God

actuaslly when i first got my psp and i had dirt spots and used my cleaning cloth to clean them i pressed a lil hard and u hear like a sreeching noise bettween the plastic and the LCD

Well, yeah if you push HARD ENOUGH you'll touch it. But it's not like a LCD monitor.

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

rivethed is offline -Hacks Neophyte

You didn't have your PSP near a magnet did you? Like a speaker?
    Nostalgia sure isn\'t what it used to be.

That wont effect the PSP at all. Go ahead, take the world strongest magnet and put it next to the PSP. It'll lock up but then it will shut down and come right back up again.

I tried to destroy my PPC with a magnet. I couldn't do it. I attached the magnet to it for 24 hours. Nada. So I tried doing other things including my PSP. No harm. You wont even wipe out the memory stick.

Nothing about the PSP is or uses magnetic memory. But I would worry about magnetizing the small parts of the UMd drive. Not sure about that one. Mine still works fine.

rivethed is offline -Hacks Neophyte

didn't know that. Thanks
    Nostalgia sure isn\'t what it used to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast