Thread: opinions and advice please ladies and gentlemen

fatboy2002 is offline -Hacks Newbie

hi, i have acquired my first psp- jap version with v1.51. having read the posts that ver 2 hasnt been hacked yet, thus the inablity to play hombrew games..

so far i have resisted as i have only just purchesed my psp, but having the psp sitting there doing anything is pointless and im itching to play games ( the memory card and cable are on order )

so guys and girls the question is do i upgrade to ver 2 with the GTA game i bought today?

the question is what are your view?what do you think i should do?

reading the posts and doing the seraches on the forum suggests that i can upgrade to ver 2 and play GTA then downgrade again. bearing in mind im a complete novice to the psp secene. is this easy to do? i am quite computer literate though...

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks for your time and thanks in advance

:)

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Yessir it is extremely easy to do... just make sure you have the 2.0 update and not the 2.1 or 2.5 updates... when you are ready to downgrade, look for the tutorial or just ask us how and we can help you through it. It is much easier that most n00bs think it is.

krazylilroker777 is offline -Hacks God

yea dont think give up just because ur new to something but if u wanna c wut works with 2.00 look here http://www.fanjita.org/psp_working.html

thanks for the quick replies guys. i was kinda fearing an onslught of micky taking as i was a noob..right when you say make sure your get ver 2...can i not upgrade using the umd fifa 06? these are the same ver 2 right?

thanks again..and thanks for your swift replies

just to add to the pointof downloading the "right" ver 2..
    i havnt got my usb cable or my memory stick yet..so the only option at the moment, is to use the Fifa 06 umd that i have to hand..iassume this will be okaY? correct me if im wrong.. :)

yea u could do that too

thanks krazy

Chode Messiah is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

also, with 2.0, you can run virtually any peice of homebrew that doesn't access the systems kernel, basically allowing emulators and stuff. Plus you get web browser integrated into the psp gui, and the ability to use the mph downgrader to go back to 1.5 firmware, giving you full homebrew access. Your options are looking sweet right now, as long as you don't update to 2.1 and beyond. The tiff exploit was found in 2.5, but a downgrader or eboot loader has yet to be written, so you'd probably have to endure a wait. Basically, dont pass 2.0, yet. 2.5 isn't worth it though unless you have a 300+ location free player, and i doubt u bought one without getting a location free player before hand.

yea dont think give up just because ur new to something but if u wanna c wut works with 2.00 look here http://www.fanjita.org/psp_working.html

thanks chode...very useful advice there...gee arent i glad i signed up here?knowledgable lot...*walks off to upgrade to 2 via fifa umd..