Thread: Bricking Warranty.

kSer is offline -Hacks Newbie

IF you bricked your psp, there is maybe one good reason for that. Piracy. Therefor can you waranty be terminated because of that? OR you know you can just act retarted and say you thought it was an update that bricked your psp? So my question is, if you brick your psp will the warranty cover it?

dracule is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

NO the warranty will not cover it. go on the sony website and get the PDF version of the manual. It clearly states that sony is not responsable for unregistered software being used on the psp.

Fd! will forever be my hero. Please take the time to vote for my group for Ecomagination: here Thanks for voting FD., Jibbz, OGTiago, Scorpus, Jsamp, killaj

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Yes, the warranty will cover it, as long as you don't tell them that you were trying to downgrade/modify the firmware. Just tell them that you were upgrading to play a new game and it turned off and wouldn't turn back on.

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

That should be true... we are expected to update using Sony's updates while plugged in... they would need to waranty anything that goes wrong duing updates that they instruct us to execute.

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Ppl are always "will the warranty cover me if.. blah blah" I dunno but if mine breaks no matter how I break it I just take the bitch back to walmart n tell em to give me a new one I got the reciept, I did it before too the last one ended up in the toilet floatin next to a big brown bomber I got it out with a pair of tongs, wiped it off with toilet paper n put it in the box and got me a new one! heck there was dried toilet paper on it and a big ciggerette burn in the middle of the screen n they still took it back! But if u got yours other then some wierd ass store then I guess u'd have to use the warranty diff places got diff policies I guess. What pissed me off is when the 2.0 downgrader came out I had already bought like 4 PSP games off walmart and they wouldnt lemme take em back ;/ kmart is the better route for that, ISOs is the best one tho!

kSer is offline -Hacks Newbie

We are talking about bricking, not you bowel movements.

belly0fdesire is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Ppl are always "will the warranty cover me if.. blah blah" I dunno but if mine breaks no matter how I break it I just take the bitch back to walmart n tell em to give me a new one I got the reciept, I did it before too the last one ended up in the toilet floatin next to a big brown bomber I got it out with a pair of tongs, wiped it off with toilet paper n put it in the box and got me a new one! heck there was dried toilet paper on it and a big ciggerette burn in the middle of the screen n they still took it back! But if u got yours other then some wierd ass store then I guess u'd have to use the warranty diff places got diff policies I guess. What pissed me off is when the 2.0 downgrader came out I had already bought like 4 PSP games off walmart and they wouldnt lemme take em back ;/ kmart is the better route for that, ISOs is the best one tho!
    yeah... um... a little TMI....

the return policies for hardware and software are different... there are very few places that will permit software returns.... I know of none around me in SoCal

dracule is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

Wal mart takes back anything but games and movies. I dont know anyone who takes back games. TRUE STORY: mortal combat at walmart was mislabled so guess how much i paid for it? 4.99! I guess someone missed a decimal point. I bought like 6 of them for christamas presents

Fd! will forever be my hero. Please take the time to vote for my group for Ecomagination: here Thanks for voting FD., Jibbz, OGTiago, Scorpus, Jsamp, killaj