Thread: PS Emulator?

laze is offline -Hacks Newbie

Is it EVER possible to make an emulator to run PS games on the PSP, or its just wishful thinking on my part?

I mean, just think, IMHO, if this emulator works, we can play all the previous great games, provided the emulator let us map our own keys, then maybe the directional keys can be used in place of L2/R2 keys (the analog stick can be used for directional control).

Lol, then maybe a wireless funtion for multiplayer, that works as if having 2 PS and 2 TVs if playing a 2player game (split screen is out of the question, duh..) Well, the ISO must be big, so the 4gig hard-disc is a must have, of course.. What you guys think?

BlAcKjAcK is offline -Hacks Smarty

I dont think it'd be a good idea to make a emulator for PS games unless a USB PS controller is made. The controls would be way to difficult :P. But I'm to excited to get my PSP so I can play METAL SLUG ON THE GO!!! I got like every Metal Slug game on the PC emulator now I get to play it on the go?! God tell me I'm dreaming....Sorry :E.
    PSP 1.50 Owner - Homebrewing

Junkie Jedi is offline -Hacks Newbie

I think it would be great.

Not sure about needing the 4GB Hard Disk though (although I already have one) as far as I know the PS was CD based - which have a maximum capacity of well under 700MB, so the ISO's wouldn't be any bigger than that.

The only problem is when you start trying out titles which use multiple CD's - but most of those used to let you save at the end of a disc anyway - so you could just switch the ISO's on your PSP at that point. The only other concern would be the size of the emulator itself and fitting that on your MS/HD.

Parappa the Rapper portable?? :lol:

dracule is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

the controls would be a factore. 2 shoulder buttons(PSP) compared to 4 shoulder buttons(PS) but some PS one contolers dont have an anolog stick so that would help a little bit.

Fd! will forever be my hero. Please take the time to vote for my group for Ecomagination: here Thanks for voting FD., Jibbz, OGTiago, Scorpus, Jsamp, killaj

kylej is offline -Hacks Member

that would be kewl but hard controls :(
    W4T3R - Incredibly Funny Funny site, check it out.

EleMenT is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Caprisun is offline -Hacks Veteran

yes there is liek emement said its only .5 frmaes second i would love to see it run better so i can make iso's of my Final Fantasy Games and play them n my psp :mrgreen:

kylej is offline -Hacks Member

that would be sexy!
    W4T3R - Incredibly Funny Funny site, check it out.

laze is offline -Hacks Newbie

if there is a .5fps emulator, i guess sooner or later a better one is coming out, BlAcKjAcK metal slug is cool, and you wont need the extra shoulder buttons =D

FF games wont get to use the extra shoulder buttons as well, maybe for running away? In FF's case, the 4gig hard-disc is needed if you're on the road and dont have a laptop around. Like what Junkie Jedi said, we can always save first, exit the emulator, mount the next ISO and continue!

dracule When the PS analog controller came out, no games (that I know of) used the freed directional pads, only in PS2 did i see the use of the freed directional pads.

What i'm really afraid of is the strain on my thumb after prolonged use of the PSP's stupid analog stick. I have this body add-on kit that gives the PSP the PS controller feel that lessens this strain, but it cant fit with the Big battery and the 4gig HD, dammit! :twisted: