Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sony PSP v2.6 Update

MaHan05 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Sony today released the latest update for its PSP handheld, with the two major features boosting the system's audio functions. As usual, the update can be installed directly through the PSP using the System Update feature while connected to the Internet, can be downloaded from Sony's Web site to a memory stick and then installed, or can be run from an updated UMD disc.

RSS (Really Simple Syndication v2.0) functionality has been added for audio streams. PSP owners connected to the Internet can now easily check through Web sites for updated streaming audio content such as podcasts. The RSS function works only for streaming audio files, and playback only.

Windows Media Audio files are now supported with Firmware 2.6. Copyright-protected files will not be playable, but all other WMA files saved on Memory Stick Duos can be heard through the PSP's Music menu.

Smaller additions include volume adjustment in the control panel of the LocationFree player, Chinese character font support for the Internet Browser, and copy-protected video content downloadable directly to the unit's Memory Stick Duo.

WARNING: This version still doesnot allow ANY homebrew applications.

okaypsp is offline -Hacks Neophyte

dang, increase the audio volume!!! whoo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!! i've been waiting to turn on those small azz psp speakers a long time ago and now there release and update for it...

but to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.6... hmm, seems to be a little waste for my iso games :Ds...

EleMenT is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Nooo!! Dont do it!

imzack is offline -Hacks Ninja

ya i would never upgrade just so the psp pumps out more sound though it would be nice

MaHan05 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

I use headphones 90% of the time..... so it really doesnt matter to me if they improve the sound....i was hoping for some browser updates, to be able to stream movies/music, and have a flash player avalible....lol

Stealth Master is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have 2.50 should i upgrade or wait for a downgrader ?

Neo_burn is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

hmm tough call here. no one knows when they will find an exploit for 2.5.. whatever you like more i guess.

TALL_GUY is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

dang, increase the audio volume!!! whoo hoooo!!!!!!!!!!! i've been waiting to turn on those small azz psp speakers a long time ago and now there release and update for it...

but to upgrade from 1.5 to 2.6... hmm, seems to be a little waste for my iso games :Ds...
    this doesnt increase the volume output, it just lets you controll the volume from inside of the "location free" function.
    Smaller additions include volume adjustment in the control panel of the LocationFree player

Yo-ho.. yo-ho.. a pirates life for me...

imzack is offline -Hacks Ninja

well if you upgraded for the sound ur screwed for now

Chode Messiah is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I use headphones 90% of the time..... so it really doesnt matter to me if they improve the sound....i was hoping for some browser updates, to be able to stream movies/music, and have a flash player avalible....lol
    unfortuneately they are throwing little features at us to cover the major security patches :x

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast