Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP or iPod Video

hu$tlah is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi guys,

I apologize in advance if my questions are a little nooby but I need to know these before I invest into a PSP.

1) Is it worth buying PSP or Video Ipod? I need something where I can watch movies and tv shows. What's better. iPod has 30 gigs and 60 where as psp has 1 gig and maybe 2 at most I believe.

2) Can I copy movies and tv shows i have on comp directly onto psp? I am sure there is a prog that allows you to do that. And does that take long to do?

3) What about games? Can you download games and play on psp without cd? Sorry if we can't ask this question. I usually dont play many games but once in a while.

Thanks in advance

Will4042 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

if u want it for movies only get an ipod, for plain old videos get a psp
    kodachiNET Owner
    irc.kodachi.net #kodachi
    kodachi.net
    YES ADS!

thanks will,

anymore suggestions. i like the fact that psp has a bigger screen but its just the hard drive space on ipod is better. I can use some more suggestions as to which is a better buy.

Thanks again

Neo_burn is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

depending on what videos you are actually putting on there.. the video ipod is obviously a better choice with the space it has. More videos/movies would fit on that. The psp has a bigger screen though, but not much space 4gbmax. If you buy the psp you can do way more stuff with it too.
    srry i know it didnt help much but it all depends on if you like games as well.Im pretty sure the videoipod can be hacked right? but the psp is better with the gaming collection and stuff.

kadhimA is offline -Hacks Newbie

Just get an mp4 player with a large hard drive

dandamannyc is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks will,

anymore suggestions. i like the fact that psp has a bigger screen but its just the hard drive space on ipod is better. I can use some more suggestions as to which is a better buy.

Thanks again
    They are completely different things. I have both the ipod video and the psp. The psp is for gaming, and you can watch a couple of videos on it at most unless u buy like 10 mss. If you want to use the psp for music its a pretty damn big player to lug around. Bottom line if u solely want gaming then the extras with the psp is great. If you want portability, music and video and not gaming go with the ipod. Or just get both, solves all your problems.
    God Bless America

shade is offline -Hacks Newbie

I recommend the video ipod if your only going to play music and watch movies. More space and its cheaper then the PSP because you to buy more memory which would run over a hundred dollars.

You can put games into a psp and play it.

I already have an ipod but the 3rd generation ipod and i was looking to getting the ipod video but then came across psp. I am not a gamer but I do play multiplayer games at times and psp does not seem to have many games out at least to my liking and plus it has too many upgrades and firmware that I dont think i have the time for. So I think I will stick with the ipod video and sell my old ipod. Problem solved...buying an ipod video :)

I appreciate all the help, you guys are awesome.

appleuser is offline -Hacks Newbie

battery life is one thing to consider. 30gig ipod only has a 2 hour battery life playing video. psp is much much better. i think 5+ playing off them mem stick. 60 gig ipod get 3 hours. and those are the specs off the apple website so i would expecct acutal would be less.

dandamannyc is offline -Hacks Newbie

battery life is one thing to consider. 30gig ipod only has a 2 hour battery life playing video. psp is much much better. i think 5+ playing off them mem stick. 60 gig ipod get 3 hours. and those are the specs off the apple website so i would expecct acutal would be less.
    Thats a good point. You can also acquire an extra battery for the psp for an extra 3-5 hours. However portabilty and storage is an issue for the psp compared to the ipod
    God Bless America

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast