Thread: need help with downgrading..yes I am still a noob so plz hel

hu$tlah is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi guys,

This is my first time downgrading and I just need some quick help. I managed to follow the step by step directions from here http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000687060851/

And I managed to get the black screen with white text and then when i went to game and mem stick it said no games found. The dat and bin files are told to be put in the root folder..what does that mean??? is it e:psp(this is where all the psp folders are like game, music, photo.etc) or is it e: (this is where I only have 2 folders and they are, MP_ROOT and PSP).

EDIT: and yes i did have 2.0 and am trying to get 1.5. Also now it says i have 1.0 but thats normal i guess when downgrading.
    Thanks guys

ctk420 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

if it says 1.00 then just get the 1.50 eboot update. and run it, and it will then freeze at 99% but dont worry it really does 100% just doesnt display the 100% and then restart and BAM 1.50
    I AM BORED WOW IM BLAZED =D vaporizers rock!

sorry but what do you mean run the 1.5 eboot update, i added that eboot 1.5 firware in the updated folder already but nothing is there.

so lets say if I did something wrong like placed a wrong file in a wrong folder then do i have to upgrade to 2.0 again and then downgrade again to 1.5?

Also, if i want to upgrade to 2.0 is there a guide that tells you how to do it. I tried looking but can't find it. Found the downgrading but having trouble finding the upgrading to 2.0. unless there is an option in the psp itself to upgrade to 2.0 which i dont have cause i checked.

Thanks

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

You need to place the EBOOT update file in a folder called UPDATE then place it in the GAME folder.

i just did that right now and it worked i got that red screen. Thanks again joe ctk420 for your help.
    I didnt put the update folder in the game directory and had it on its own in the psp folder and did more reading and figured it out.

Thanks again

Alright i got 1.5...yeah :)

Thanks again guys

Just one more question, if I wanted to update again can I just put the ebroot 2.0 file in the update folder and then am able to update it whenever I want? I have GTA game and would like to play that every now and then. I then wouldn't need a pc to update once the 2.0 is in the update folder right?

Thanks

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

as long as you can plug in the charger when you want to update: yes