Thread: PSP internet browser?

lukep90 is offline -Hacks Newbie

hey, i was wondering if there are any programs for the psp that i could use as an internet browser? i know that at least one game has it built in, but are there any stand alone ones?

lukep90 is offline -Hacks Newbie

by the way, i was also wondering what is the code that im prompted for when acessing my wireless router and how do i get it?

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

first off, are you sure it's your router :rolleyes: ? if it is, you should know your code. if you're trying to use someone elses browser they might have a wep key on it.

if you do get it working, then the fired up browser is probably the best. i cant speak from my own experience on it, though (2.0 user :mrgreen: ).

hu$tlah is offline -Hacks Newbie

I recently purchased my psp and it came with 2.0 but I downgraded to 1.5 right away. Can I browse internet on it like websites and is it the same experience as browsing using your comp or somewhat diff? Sorry to post my own question in the OP thread but maybe he/she can use this info as well.

Thanks

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

As you can see the vrowser was removed from the main menu.
    Soo you get the homebrew fired up browser. Its almost as good but not quite as good as the 2.00 browser.

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

you can browse alot of sites, but if a page is really big, it wont load. most games dont work (runescape, etc.) most times, it's fine though

appleuser is offline -Hacks Newbie

ya i think sony really needs to fix their browser. I think its pretty much useless. Its incredibly slow and always gives the out of memory error. I wouldnt mind it using the memory card memory more. I know that would make it even slower, but at least it could load all the pages then. also add flash support. that would be sweet.

ironmonkey is offline -Hacks Veteran

I`ve never had a problem with the browser on 2.0. Pretty fast as it goes. You sure its not oyur internet connection?
    Theres a couple of stand alone browsers for 1.5. Just check the downloads section or search the net

p.s dosent this topic belong in the help section?