Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Internet on PSP (Trust me, have done my research)

hu$tlah is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi guys,

Ok so I did do my research on this and my problem is that I am able to see my name under ssid when I scan it but I do not have a router setup so how am i able to see my connection on it. I thought you can only see those with the wireless connection. I am running a wired connection between 2 comps and had a wireless setup before but took it out...so what do you guys think it is that is showing up with my name under ssid? Also, if I call my ips provider, would they be able to provide me with the wep key, I dont know where to get that besides my internet service provider.

Also, when I do try to connect to the availabe access point which is someone else's connection, I still get error during testing of connection. Under encryption it says none so no psswd is required, yet it still fails. How can I then establish connection with other access points, I don't like or will steal bandwidth but since I dont have it set up yet I just want to see what it looks like...its just curiousity and if I want to browse internet while at home I will use my comp. And i do not have any games at the moment as I really bought psp for videos and old school games.

Sorry for long post ;) but can someone help me out?

Thans

appleuser is offline -Hacks Newbie

The wep key is set up by you and saved on your router. If its a lynksis router you usually just have to type in 192.168.1.1 in an internet box to access the router. under security you can either set a new wep or whatever. if you dont know what you key is you have to restart your router. do this by sticking a paper clip in that little hole in the back of it for about thirty seconds or so untill it flashes all sorts of nice lights. Someone elses connection may fail with the psp is the connection is to weak. also turning off wifi power save on the psp seems to help some ppl connect.

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Also, when I do try to connect to the availabe access point which is someone else's connection, I still get error during testing of connection. Under encryption it says none so no psswd is required, yet it still fails.
    They set up an access control list. There is no way to get into their network if your device's MAC address and hostname do not match the one recorded in the ACL.

What I donít understand is why my name shows up under SSID when I try to look for connection. Is it because I could have a built in wireless modem which I donít know about? I do not have a wireless router hooked up though so itís a little odd for my name to be showing up and connection is 100%.

What do you guys think? I will call my ISP tmw and verify this info too.

Thanks

Chode Messiah is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

What I donít understand is why my name shows up under SSID when I try to look for connection. Is it because I could have a built in wireless modem which I donít know about? I do not have a wireless router hooked up though so itís a little odd for my name to be showing up and connection is 100%.

What do you guys think? I will call my ISP tmw and verify this info too.

Thanks
    do you have a bellsouth homeportal? is so your wep key is located under the serial underneath your homeportal. if u want to change something, you can find the Gateway's IP through a logged-in pc,(network properties-advanced or whatever, u should see a bunch of IP#'s or other#'s)

There appears to be some confusion. If you don't have a wireless router and you see networks, they aren't yours. Your neighbors must have routers.

RipeTomatoe is offline Senior Member -Hacks Hacker

but how is it 100% thats wierd i have one of the best routers and through 2 walls its 80% so i unno

benobassist is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Mine isn't a 100% when I'm right next to it :eek: .
    Go <a href=\"http://rewardhits.com/index.php?hit=8833\"> here </a> for any version downgrader, really work!!!

There appears to be some confusion. If you don't have a wireless router and you see networks, they aren't yours. Your neighbors must have routers.
    It is showing up my name when I scan with my psp and shows me other names as well. Next to my name it is asking for wep key and showing my connection as 100%. The modem is in my room and that is where I am trying to get the connection. Does that mean I have wireless connection in my house and I do have a wireless modem??

Thanks

What do you mean by your name? Do you mean your computer's hostname, your network's name, or your birth name?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast