Thread: How many songs can a 1 GB hold?

TheDark is offline -Hacks Smarty

My cousin has a 1 GB for his cell phone and hesaid it has 500 songs on it. How much could it really hold for the PSP?

My cousins phone.
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...=pp1&pid=10242

Mitwang is offline -Hacks Guru

yes this is completely possible as logn as he is compressign the files with atrac3plus. and since it appears to be a sony cell phone, i assume that he is

Brothers In Arms
    VISIT THE F.A.Q BEFORE YOU POST IN THE HELP SECTION!

Chode Messiah is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

yup, and that phone is sick, i was wondering what the model # was. 2mp camera :eek: . also it depends on the size. if all ur songs are 12mb then no if they are 2mb yea. depends on bitrate. u can store thousands of midi songs but they suck and are short. most definitely they are atrac3 as most all songs are at least 2.5-3mb in mp3 format.

bmo24 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

It depends on the size of the MP3. If it's compressed to 1MB then you can get a 1000 tracks on there. At the moment i'm using firmware 2.6 so just use it to play music i've got 623 Tracks on it.
    Bad bois back for good now...

diam0nd is offline -Hacks Newbie

My cousin has a 1 GB for his cell phone and hesaid it has 500 songs on it. How much could it really hold for the PSP?

My cousins phone.
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...=pp1&pid=10242
    There are tons of progs that do batch conversion of mp3s. Like, you dragNdrop a bunch of songs in the prog and it ll convert them all to lower bitrates (why you need that? because you wont see any difference since the output quality/volume/your headphones are not that good). So, it really all depends on a size of the mp3s, which in its turn depends on quality of them mp3s (this you can change) and the lenght of the songs (this one you can not apparently). So you can aswell try to lower the quality, i am pretty sure the results will be impressive enough.
    PSP: fat & heavy
    Firmware: v3.80 M33-4
    1.50?: 1.50 Kernel Addon 2
    PC: XP Pro SP2 VL, no AV, no FW, latest bios