Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Christmas 2006 - A 1.5 Loser's Story

nick3young is offline -Hacks Newbie

I really got what I deserved this christmas. My girlfriend had very kindly purchased me a 1.5 PSP back in November off Ebay. I knew this because I chose the specific one (try explaining the significance of a 1.5 to a woman :-) ).

Anyway, come christmas morning I transferred a 'Burnout Legends' ISO to my very thoughtfully pre-purchased 2GB memory stick.... It didn't work. After half an hour of searching the net for possible reasons, I decided it might be wise to check the firmware version number just to be on the safe side. "Surely this shouldn't be necessary though", I thought to myself, "I waited 2 months, my girlfriend paid over the RRP and it's in a Japanese box for f*$cks sake!!".

Yep, you guessed it. Upon checking the version, 4 horrible characters stared back at my face - '2.01'. It instantly felt like christmas was ruined. "I'll only get on average 75 xmas's; this is one down the drain".

I tried desperately to put things into persepctive. Try explaing the significance of 1.5 to a woman? Howabout try explaining to a 3rd world person that your christmas is ruined because the software version on a computer chip is 0.6 higher than expected! This technique didn't work though. I was upset, it didn't matter how much I tried to tell myself how lucky I still was.

Perhaps god punished me for using his son's birthday as an excuse to disobey one of the ten commandement - 'thou shalt not steal'. Ahhhh well....I'm almost over it now. I've been out and spent £35 on Mercury to keep me going during the festive period. Thats as much money Sony is going to be getting from me though as, very soon, I'll be purchasing a 1.5 and this time, I'm gonna make sure it is 1.5.

Have a happy new year everyone!

mrrogers is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Damn, that does suck. Sorry for the bad luck, but make sure you are grateful (as pissed as you may be, try not to show it to your gf) as it's the thought that counts, right?
    Anyway, there may be a 2.01 eboot loader soon, it is being worked on.
    Since you are stuck at 2.01 anyway, you should get GTA, the best psp game imo.
    Use Google, Damn't!!!

mrrogers is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

its your own fault you prick

merry christmas dipshit
    Damn, henry. Hit a nerve on you did he?
    He said he got what he deserved, so I think he learned some lesson.
    Use Google, Damn't!!!

devvon is offline -Hacks Neophyte

its ok, we will help you through this stressful time of yours. I dont think some professional counseling would hurt either.

azaze7 is offline -Hacks Newbie

gta will be able to kill the time from now untill that 2.01 loader comes around. plus your not missing too much, ive played gta more then playing homebrew (old games anyway, just a quick blast from the past) or any other game on psp.

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Damn... I feel bad for you :(

Don't get mad at your girl, though.

scholar is offline -Hacks Smarty

and it was christmas 2005 not 2006... :E
    \"Some mistakes are too fun to make only once.\"

ceanth is offline -Hacks Neophyte

and it was christmas 2005 not 2006... :E
    lol got a point there!

smith2302 is offline -Hacks Smarty

lol true

--Rkki-- is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I really got what I deserved this christmas. My girlfriend had very kindly purchased me a 1.5 PSP back in November off Ebay. I knew this because I chose the specific one (try explaining the significance of a 1.5 to a woman :-) ).
    as you say you chose the specific one out? so obviously it was advertised as v1.5 and they send out v2.01?
    PSP F/W Version 3.02 OE-B [2.50]>[2.60]>[1.50]>[OE-A]
    Currently playing: GTA:VCS [psp] FFIX [ps2] Cool Boarders [ps1-psp]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast