Thread: Possibly UMD ISOs on 2.0?

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

No, this aint a noob suggestion. Im just bringing up something for everyone to talk about and debate over, or tell me why my idea is wrong.

Well, u ever notice how when you launch a UMD movie, it doesnt enter KERNEL mode like UMD games? The same way you dont enter kernel mode for movies on your mem stick. Well, Im pretty sure that cuz you dont need that much RAM to run the videos. This shows me that UMD videos are run in USER mode, which means, when we use ISO movies, they are run in kernel mode which is wrong?

Can someone who has run a movie ISO, tell me what happens when they pressed home? It prolly gave you the "YES, NO" screen, right? well, thats cuz thats what happens in kernel mode.

Now, go pop in a UMD movie and start it up. Press home.... Now you simply go back to the menus instantly like with movies on your mem stick.

Also, kernel mode is accessed to allow trusted programs to control the system how ever it wants, and movies dont do anything but play video and audio, and allow you to click a few options here and there. So kernel mode is not required at all.

Concluding my theory, UMD MOVIES ARE PLAYED IN KERNEL MODE!

So maybe if someone made a light-weight ISO launcher and simply just for movie UMD on the 2.0. Then maybe we can test it out.

------------------------

Now i KNOW someone has to have tried this b4. So I dunno if they got "No kernel mode access" when they tried to launch the ISO loader, or if the movie woudlnt launch, but some tell me if they have tried any of this b4!

EleMenT is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Hmm.. I dont think that would work.

italki is offline -Hacks Newbie

Its worth a try, but you need to get somebody good enough to do it, its way way way beyond my skill!

PM Me If You Want A Sig!

GameShark is offline -Hacks Veteran

Why the complecation

The Games Run in user mode
    Why cant we just use a user mode iso loader

Becouse no one has made one

The only thing keeping loaders from working is becouse instead of emulating the iso it try tricking the psp in to thinking it is a real game

Conclusion simply make a iso emulator instead of a iso launcher
    Only problem would be that you couldnt make iso's from umd's in 2.0

Now that is the best thing any one has writen so dont give me any crap

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Why the complecation

The Games Run in user mode
    Why cant we just use a user mode iso loader

Becouse no one has made one

The only thing keeping loaders from working is becouse instead of emulating the iso it try tricking the psp in to thinking it is a real game

Conclusion simply make a iso emulator instead of a iso launcher
    Only problem would be that you couldnt make iso's from umd's in 2.0

Now that is the best thing any one has writen so dont give me any crap
    no, the thing is USER mode has MUCH MUCH less memory avalable than KERNEL mode. UMD games require waaaaaaay too much memory and simply will NOT run in user mode.

the reason i broguht this up is cuz UMD vids are ALREADY playign in USER mdoe on all PSPs, so a UMD vid ISO *SHOULD * be able to be run on a 2.0, right?

some1 who has a UMD vid ISO, try this out with one of the current loaders. and i strongly believge that if some1 spent a bit of time on a small lightweight loader just for UMD vids, then it could work

GameShark is offline -Hacks Veteran

Well here is an idea.

Is it posable to load a iso up through the gta savegame hack and alow it to run on top of the kernel acess that the psp gives to GTA

Im not sugesting we use the samegame to run the whole iso, but only as a way to transfer data from user mode in to game kernel mode

Games Do Run in kernel
    The GTA cheatdevice can run in usermode and still influence GTA which is simotaionusly running in kernel mode.

The Problem arises when we relize that save games have a avrage of 250kb. You would have to trick the game in to streaming data constintly