Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gettting a replacement White PSP from Sony in the UK??

Mr Brainz is offline -Hacks Newbie

Has anyone had to get a replacement on a Japanese PSP in the UK?

Since the day I got my white PSP for Xmas the crosspad has not worked properly. The down arrow only works if you press it quite hard and I can only push it diagonally if I REALLY push it! My friends all have UK PSPs and they are much more responsive than mine...

It was given to me as a present by someone who bought it off ebay over a month ago. I phoned the Sony UK PSP helpline and, after taking loads of details off me, including my name, address, phone number, serial number and model number, they told me that I can only get support from the country it was bought in. This annoyed me as the FIRST thing I said to him was that I had a white PSP. IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT ME WHY TAKE MY FRIGGIN' DETAILS?

SO!

Does anyone know what I can do because I'm pretty upset my brand new PSP is mullered already? :(

Thanks

GameShark is offline -Hacks Veteran

:E Jap psp

Sony many take it but you ant getting a jap back

No the UK helpline said they can't do anything for me. They advised me to get in touch with the seller (on eBay? yeah right!) or with Sony in the country of origin. Think it might have been Hong Kong.

I don't even care if I get a UK one back. I just want it fixed!

GameShark is offline -Hacks Veteran

email japan then i gusse :?

That's a great idea...

But I'm sure the PSP Japan website is Japanese?

Anyone got an address? :idea:

Neo_burn is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

shearstone is offline -Hacks Member

yeh they told me the same if i want mine fixed i have to send it to the USA but im not to bothered by a few scratches ill just get a new faceplate when i cba but sony are stupid for releasing a region free handheld then restricting the warranty :twisted:

Sony are absolute ****s!

Dear Mr. ****,

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your PlayStation Portable.

The information you were given is correct.

I can confirm that we do not cover the warranty on imported consoles. We can offer an out of warranty repair to your PlayStation Portable at a charge of £135, which includes next working day courier pick-up and drop-off when repaired to any UK address and VAT. This charge covers all costs incurred by Sony Computer Entertainment UK for the repair of the unit. No profit is made from the charge paid by you.

Alternatively, you can contact your retailer or Sony Computer Entertainment in your country of purchase to discuss your warranty options.

Should you have any further queries, please call our Careline on 08705 99 88 77 (National Rate), quoting your reference number: ****, and an advisor will be happy to assist you. Our operating hours are 8am - 10pm Monday to Friday, 10am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday and all Bank Holidays.

Yours sincerely

James Miller
    PlayStation Consumer Care Team
    Sony Computer Entertainment UK

Watchdog anyone? HOW THE HELL CAN THEY JUSTIFY £135 FOR REPAIR!?!?!? :twisted:

dracule is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

sony LOSES money on each psp sold

Fd! will forever be my hero. Please take the time to vote for my group for Ecomagination: here Thanks for voting FD., Jibbz, OGTiago, Scorpus, Jsamp, killaj

seesoe is offline -Hacks Smarty

i hope you get it sorted out,
    i just wanted to say that sony makes great products but the sofware that comes with them is not good nor is the service from them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast