Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Datel Harddrive...should I buy or no?

hu$tlah is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi guys,

I have done my research on this product and know about the slow load up times and extras, but I currently have only 1 gig ms and I wanted to add some movies and tv shows onto my psp and it looks like that team xecuter will not be fininshing up on their new project that will allow your ipod to connect to your psp so you can have more hdd space.

I know the datel looks big when attached to psp but is it honestly worth the buy. Should i wait or should i buy it.

Please do not respond if you are gonna attack me, I just need some suggestions and thoughts from users of the 4 gig datel hdd.

Thanks in advance

winnin is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i wana see a picture of the harddrive
    my psp\'s kick you\'re psp\'s buttox

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

NO! ITS A PIECE OF SHYT! AND WAAAAAY TOO BIG!!

Only get it if u plan on watching vids and dont really plan on taking it outta the house much

GameShark is offline -Hacks Veteran

Its slow!!!!!!!!

thank you guys, I have decided to pass on the hdd after doing further research. I dont want to get 2 gigs because that wont help me much at this time. I guess I will wait until they release something that would be able to hold at least minimum 10 gigs. I have heard the sony and sandisk are working on making 10 gig mem sticks sometime this year so hopefully it will happen.

Thanks again guys :)

Gary13579 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Ninja

thank you guys, I have decided to pass on the hdd after doing further research. I dont want to get 2 gigs because that wont help me much at this time. I guess I will wait until they release something that would be able to hold at least minimum 10 gigs. I have heard the sony and sandisk are working on making 10 gig mem sticks sometime this year so hopefully it will happen.

Thanks again guys :)
    Well, whoever told you that is a complete retard.
    There can NEVER be a memory card bigger then 4gb. If there is, then it will require a new firmware (beyond 2.6), because the PSP will only handle a memory card that is FAT16 in format, and the biggest partition size on FAT16 is 4gb.

[/quote]
    Well, whoever told you that is a complete retard.
    There can NEVER be a memory card bigger then 4gb. If there is, then it will require a new firmware (beyond 2.6), because the PSP will only handle a memory card that is FAT16 in format, and the biggest partition size on FAT16 is 4gb.[/quote]

Well I was reading on this site where people were talking about the release of more then 4 gig storage for mem sticks http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3707

You never know what the technology can do and I would not be surprised if they do release more then 4 gig ms...lets hope it happens ;)

Well I was reading on this site where people were talking about the release of more then 4 gig storage for mem sticks http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3707

You never know what the technology can do and I would not be surprised if they do release more then 4 gig ms...lets hope it happens ;)
    no, it is physically IMPOSSIBLE!
    Unless they update the PSP's firmware to use FAT32 instead of FAT16, NO ONE can do it.

You can read more about the FAT partitions here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Allocation_Table

Look in the table, under FAT16. Scroll down to the max volume size, see the 4gb? That means you cannot have a partition (ie memory card) bigger then 4gb.

Well, I was just reading that last night the link I provided and was simply stating what people had been saying and hoping that someday they might release something that can hold more than 2 gigs or 4. I am sure you would know more since I have not researched much and am simply living on hopes here ;). But would they release a 4 gig ms sometime soon? Has ther been talks about that? I really neeed more storage for my psp and if it doesnt happen soon then i will sell my psp and instead buy ps3 when it comes out....i will still buy ps3 anyways ;).

Thanks

Well, I was just reading that last night the link I provided and was simply stating what people had been saying and hoping that someday they might release something that can hold more than 2 gigs or 4. I am sure you would know more since I have not researched much and am simply living on hopes here ;). But would they release a 4 gig ms sometime soon? Has ther been talks about that? I really neeed more storage for my psp and if it doesnt happen soon then i will sell my psp and instead buy ps3 when it comes out....i will still buy ps3 anyways ;).

Thanks
    It would be expensive as hell, I can tell you that.
    No expected release dates though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast