Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep my psp or not

levitate is offline -Hacks Newbie

hey,

I recently got a psp with burnout using christmas money I got. I gotta say the device is pretty sweet and has a lot of potential for gaming and mp3s i think.

The only issue I really have is with the games...

I'm not saying the games are bad, they arent, its just like there aren't many out for psp despite it's being out for almost a year, and most of the ones out are almost exactly the same as the ones on ps2. I'm tempted to get socom for example but its like why do that on the psp when I can get the real deal for my ps2. Same goes with stuff like ssx (I have one of the versions on ps2) and nfl street, etc.

I almost got a GBA to play games like mario and zelda and DK, but when I heard psp had the ablity to play snes games I thought forget that. But all this hacking stuff is kind of a pain, and it seems like theres just a constant war between sony and the hackers to utilize the firmware and stuff. Is this gonna improve later on?

Is there any future in hooking up the psp to ur computer and buying games online from sony? that'd be sweet. I really like vintage stuff that I could save on the memory stick

The psp has possibilities as an mp3 player, but its MUCH bigger than an ipod (which if I trade in my psp, is what I'd get, either a nano or 30gig) but memory sticks are pretty expensive, will those come down in price later on?

Basically I'm asking if you all think I should keep the psp based on what I'm wanting. I'm thinking holding out will improve thigns a lot (memory sticks, games on the memory stick, games just for psp - the new megaman thing coming out shows promise - maybe There will even be a 2d sonic? ) or would I be better off ditching it now and getting a smaller mp3 player with more storage and better accesibility and then a cheaper GBA with all the old classics that I cant get on my ps2 cause its nintendo stuff.

Thanks

Ajgn64 is offline -Hacks Member

it all comes down to ur desicion.
    i think u might want to consider getting rid of your psp if your not satisfied with its features. i see ur point, and ive considered it 2. the games aren't that good, and the memory sticks cost lots of $$$. it all depends on whether you like the psp or not. i personally like being able to watch movies, pictures, listen to music, and playing games on 1 handheld. but if you just wanted a good mp3 player, ipods r better

Lady Astor to Churchill \"Winston, if you were my husband I would flavour your coffee with poison\"
    Churchill: \"Madam, if I were your husband, I should drink it\"

levitate is offline -Hacks Newbie

you dont need to be a d***, I'm just asking for advice, and I'm a noob? you have what 50 posts? thats like the pot callin the kettle black.

if you dont care then whatever don't respond to the post, I think I asked plenty of valid questions about the future of the psp and thats no reason to shoot flames out your a$$

ViruZ is offline -Hacks Member

stop trying to get more post by adding stupid shit
    STFU. Help him or shut up.

There r not alot of games out at the moment. Im assuming that the game companies will step it up and produce some good games in 06. As for emulators there r TONS of great old-school games for NesterJ and Snes9x.

I would keep it.
    ViruZ

Spartan 117 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

what version do u have????, if u have 2.0 and below, ur in luck, u can play Homebrew, and thats what make the PSP better than it originally was made for
    lol @ Thread

© Spartan 117. 2005-2019. All rights Reserved, lol

Need X-Box 360 help, Click Here!

liqu _ ID* is offline -Hacks Newbie

i really dont see why this kid is complaining. you should have don more looking into the psp and all that i can do, and the aspect of the game play.
    really its up to you to make up your own mind. :8)

for me i prbly wont every bye an " UMD " unless its a movie. :mrgreen: the only good thing i saw from the psp was the home brew, and now thats gone for me cause i bought mine at 2.1 so i cant do nuttin. but im waiting for the electrnic wrd to crack 2.0. hopefully ill beable to upgrade to 2.5 thank down to 2.0. :sigh:

RipeTomatoe is offline Senior Member -Hacks Hacker

stop trying to get more post by adding stupid shit
    speaking of getting more posts by posting stupid shit

and it all depends how much music u have if u wanna have ur entire collection on one device then the iPod is for u but if u want to play chrono trigger on the go and listen to some of ur music then the psp is perfect

scholar is offline -Hacks Smarty

keep it... you'll regret getting rid of it...
    \"Some mistakes are too fun to make only once.\"

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Hahah, welcome to the club, levitate.

BLAZINURPSP is offline -Hacks Smarty

Yo Levitate,
    My advice is to keep your PSP there is so much coming out for it in the days to come i mean FW 1.5 is the best out so far and the PSP World is getting bigger and better. There are alot of games out there and also Roms and Emulators to try out. So keep it if not you're going to regret the days you disown it.

Like Rayden from Mortal Kombat Said: "Choose Wisely" LOL

BlazinUrPSP

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast