Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: iriver WiBro-the DEFINITE PSP Killer

youngjoonshi is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi guys,
    I am currently working at iriver and I am here to read some feedbacks about you guys about the PSP-Killer. Now,I am just one of those thousands of people around there from iriver to check feedbacks and I just want to answer some of your questions..^^
    Ok,first, remember that this is a product that will come out roughly at Autum,2006. So, it isn't finished yet..about 60% is done and iriver is making contracts with many game conpanies including the big ones...they are planning to see if users liked the idea of an analog pad or shoulder buttons and I think that is true.
    Games...now,you need to remember that this machine probabaly will not be (even in iriver's point of view) a PSP-Killer in GAMING but it will make its life difficult by attacking the weak points of the PSP; the ability to play games is just an addition.
    Anyway,coming back to the main point, this machine is far superior than a GPX2...it will be definitely be more successful than that.
    Also,we have far better support in games than n-gages so don't worry about that...expect to see BIG titles very soon...^^
    This game machine's graphic processor is capable of rendering more than 60fps at the very high resolution of 800x600 which is far superior than that of the PSP(about 480x270..right?)
    The screen will be one of its main selling point; far superior than any screens out there in the world,it will have the support of samsung,world's number 1 LCD screen manufacturer.You surely have experienced the short supply of PSPs..didn't you? well..this was because Sony lacked of two important "materials" for the PSP..which is its screen and the flash memory...and samsung is the company that makes more than half of world's LCD screens and flash memory chips.And,yes..you guessed it..iriver and samsung are both from the world's most advanced country in IT-infrastructure which is Korea! Now, the government has been investing loads of money on the PSP-Killer and for sure,it won't disappoint you...just wait and see..they are both working as a team..
    I don't know much about the price of the PSP-Killer BUT iriver told me that it is far cheaper than PSPs. Why? because you guys don't realize that the PSP is actually far expensiver than you thought. Ok, the PSP costs around 200 pounds here in the UK BUT you spend money on those UMDs...let's say you have bought a PSP,3 UMDs and a 512Mb MS. Considering a UMD costs around 25 pounds and a 512Mb MS around 60, you are actually spending far more money than you thought.Yes, Sony is making a loss with every PSP sold but their trick is to get money of UMDs and MSs. OK, the initial price of the WiBro will be (according to the marketing department reigncom,korea) probably higher than the PSP but that isn't known yet...feedbacks are analysed carefully not to make the PSP-Killer a failure like n-gages and gpx2s.
    So the price of the PSP is expensive as a whole. The new WiBro will have the support of millions of windows applications out there and that is one of its far superior point compared to the PSP which even stops users from these staffs...by forcing firmware upgrades to stop homebrews and even letting users brick their expensive PSPs...CUREL!!

Anyway,The major big points that the WiBro has are:

1.Far superior screen-better than ANY other screen currently out there in the mobile console market

2.Homebrew support. Iriver will support homebrew developers and will even encourage and reward them.This is what this console is different from other consoles-and that is why it is going to be so hot.There are already SNES,GBA/GBC,Sega Dreamcast,PS1...etc. emulators in development so expect to see hot titles!

3.Far better storage. This machine will be a true media center unlike the PSP which can do those things but can never fulfill it due to its tiny storage. Memory sticks are very very expensive(480 dollars for 2GB) due to sony's marketing strategy. The Killer is really going to kill the PSP in this point.Considering that the 4GB thing for the PSP is HUGE and expensive, the WiBro with double the capacity is ULTRA-SLIM...beautiful.

The WiBro will also attract far more female consumers than ever because it is perfect for non-hardcore gamers,design,simplicity and multimedia lovers...which are FEMALES.

The new iriver will undoubtly shake the world attacking both ipods and PSP.

You guys should now REALIZE,that brand such as SONY and APPLE are NOT the whole world.Please don't think they are the best and the WiBro is going to prove that.

I have heared that iriver is a "poor" company...
    Now, what can I say about that (personally)...!!!

Iriver is the first company on the earth to have developed the first Flash-Mp3 Players...ipod was just a clone from iriver.The company is huge...now it is ready to spent some money...becuase it has saved money for the big PSP killer project...

Hot Korean games should be converted to English and will be avaible for free for you guys to download and to play...
    The game you saw on the two screenshoots was CART RACING which is a game that is SO~~ Addictive...everybody even people at the age of 40 play it...now, you can imagine how this game is going to perform globally...it has already addicted millions of gamers in asia...you just don't hear about it because it is so far away..form you.

Iriver...a company far better known than ipods in asia...
    You don't hear a lot about them because they are so far away...
    Iriver's power is huge...it hasn't shown that in europe/usa fully yet but wait and see..
    This machine is going to prove that..

Oh, and some minor questions answered...

WiBro can support data transmission at speeds of around 3 megabits per second at distances of about 0.6 miles for devices traveling at up to 37 miles per hour. It's based on the same basic technology as WiMax, another emerging wireless Internet standard, and both are part of the IEEE802.16 family of technology standards. Compared to WiBro, WiMax works over a longer range but not as well with moving receivers.

WiBro Draws Interest...

Korean electronics and telecommunications companies have taken the lead on WiBro development and demonstrations of the technology are planned for later this month at the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) meeting in Busan, South Korea. Commercial networks are expected to start in the country sometime next year and Reigncom's planned player will be introduced roughly in line with the launch of the networks.

Reigncom said it will work on the player with KT, South Korea's largest telecommunications carrier, with a view to launching the player in August 2006. No other details of the planned player were available.

South Korea's government expects there will be 9 million subscribers to WiBro networks by 2011. The country had a population of 48 million in 2003.

So you now know about that KT and WiBro logo on the baby...
    (By the way..KT stands for Korean Telecom just like BT stands for British Telecom..)

Good, i feel good after writing this...
    iriver will be proud..^0^

That's what I would personally say, STOP being brand kiddies and STOP think that Sony and ipods are the best because they are NOT!

And remember, this machine will PROVE IT!

Thanks for reading and...
    my love to iriver...
    and you guys for the feedbacks..

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

Plese STOP.
    No one is going to buy this.
    The PSP is #1 right now.
    I never even heard of this product before.
    PSP pwns this in homebrew. By the way UMD ISO are free. :mrgreen:
    1GB MS Duo Sandisk Clear Yellow Gamer Edition $58 (USD) (Not sony brand MS)
    2GB Sandisk Duo $140.
    You got to accept it that sony is taking over the world. With Sony Pictures , Sony Music , SCEA , and their wide range of products , from TVs to camcoders , phones , cell phones , cameras, ect...,

GwG0247 is offline -Hacks Member

Plese STOP.
    No one is going to buy this.
    The PSP is #1 right now.
    I never even heard of this product before.
    PSP pwns this in homebrew. By the way UMD ISO are free. :mrgreen:
    1GB MS Duo Sandisk Clear Yellow Gamer Edition $58 (USD) (Not sony brand MS)
    2GB Sandisk Duo $140.
    You got to accept it that sony is taking over the world. With Sony Pictures , Sony Music , SCEA , and their wide range of products , from TVs to camcoders , phones , cell phones , cameras, ect...,
    I agree, PSP is better because of the free ISO's. :mrgreen:

Chode Messiah - You\'re a 12-year old with no taste or tact; why would anyone care about your opinion?

youngjoonshi is offline -Hacks Newbie

Free ISOs are ILLEGAL
    and you guys are PIRATES!
    Now, the WiBro is going to have far better homebrew support and games will be LEGALLY free.
    And stop being PSP-Fans because Sony isn't the company no longer survive the WiBro.

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

Your probably one of those people that your parents said it is too expensize. And now trying to find cheap immatations. Or picked a DS.
    What mhz does this thing have anyway ?
    And soo what if where pirates. We found a way around the sytem to get them for free.
    Those MS Duo prices you wrote , I have no idea where you got the expensize prices.
    PS1 , Dreamcast emus I think not. :|
    The PS1 emu on my 550mhz with 8MB Vid Ram & 384MB Ram is still laggy. There is no way for that thing is gonna run it. Dont even worry about dreamcast.
    How are they developing emus if it hasent even been released yet ? :?
    Every body has one (almost) it is the hootest gadget right now.

ShadowWolf is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

What r the specs? Oh cant release them rite?? Ur little gadget sucks ahhaha
    Go RIGHT HERE and HERE for free $$$. Not even kidding. I have earned $126 and $45 from this
    If YOU think stealth PWNS, then click HERE

ImnotokayXD is offline -Hacks Member

What r the specs? Oh cant release them rite?? Ur little gadget sucks ahhaha
    LOL, rejected

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Free ISOs are ILLEGAL
    and you guys are PIRATES!
    Now, the WiBro is going to have far better homebrew support and games will be LEGALLY free.
    And stop being PSP-Fans because Sony isn't the company no longer survive the WiBro.
    LOL FAG.

Mokei is offline -Hacks Neophyte

so or roms if u dont own the game and i doubt that u own every snes and nes game out there

ShadowWolf is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

How could they possibly make emulators legal? They cant prove that every person that buys this piece of crap also has the origional system and games. BULLSHITZ!!!!
    Go RIGHT HERE and HERE for free $$$. Not even kidding. I have earned $126 and $45 from this
    If YOU think stealth PWNS, then click HERE

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast