Thread: emulateing revisited

seesoe is offline -Hacks Smarty

first off i wanted to say that i understand that there will not be any custom psp firmware anytime soon, but i started to wonder what if you can replace the flash0 folder and emulate it. what i mean by the is, say i have fw 1.5 then i use the fw emulater. in order to use the fw emulater you have to have the flash1 and the flash0 folder. so maybe the first step to haveing some sort of custom fw is to replace the flash0 folder with a very basic setup that would work with the flash1 folder. kinda like how we are at windows xp. first there was dos, then 3.1 maybe custom fw could take it in that direction?

thats tru. But full emulation of psp firmware is not somthing that will happen in the near future. now using a fw emulator to run custom firmware, possibly.
    its all down to weather, we can crack the current fw, have a good webrowser, and run unsigned code, and play gta, then there is no neccesity to run custom fw. but as long as most people have fw 1.5, and are able to upgrade/downgrade to 2.00 and back, we wont have many devs workin on custom fimware.
    Just my oppinion :razz:

seesoe is offline -Hacks Smarty

like i said in the post up there, we have to take steps to get to full custom, emulateing a very basic system could be the first step