Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPSOne (Playstation Emulator for PSP) WIP Update

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

Source PSP Emulation News : http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/

PacManFan posted this update concerning his Playstation Emulator for PSP Project.

Hey eveyone,

I want to let you all know the current status of PSPSOne. After I got my dyanmic recompiler(mostly) working, I realized that I just wasn't seein the speed increase I was hoping for. The actual CPU emulation was running 3-5X faster, but the screen updates were still very slow (2-4 fps).

Well, I took the plunge, and converted my project to use the latest version of the PSPSDK, and the HW accelerated graphic functions (ge functions). With this, there is good and bad news. The bad news is that I'll no longer be able to run my project under the PSPE emulator, the good news is now PSPOne has the ability to run much faster with ge functions,than with the previous SW-based rendering.

I found an open-source OpenGL graphics plugin for PCSX, and converted it to work with the PSP GL framework. The PSP GL functions take advantage of HW-based acceleration, instead of software based rendering that I was doing before.

I was amazed by the speed improvement immediatley. I am now getting 8-10fps, and that is running with the interpreted (not dynamically recompiled) version of the CPU core.

So, In short, PSPSOne is now running at 8-10fps using hardware accelerated functions through OpenGL.

Because the PSP OpenGL port is not 100% complete. My rendering has some issues. Most noticably, the textures are not in the correct format. I'm working today to manually change the code that specifies the texture pixel format.

I'm very excited by this huge jump in speed. This will be even faster once I work out some issues with my dynamic recompiler running on the PSP with OpenGL

-PMF

Download from here : http://dl.qj.net/PSPSOne-Alpha-Build.../791/catid/263
    This demo will only run the sample that came with it. It cannot play any ISO right now.

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

sounds like he's making good progress...

m1ndle5s is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

this is so sweet. cant wait till the final version. the demo is pretty good, slow but awesome. :mrgreen:

seesoe is offline -Hacks Smarty

and the demo was found where? lol

yup got some of my games backed up and ready to go lol

m1ndle5s is offline Senior Member -Hacks Monk

pspupdates.com

also works on 2.0 using fanjita's eboot loader

its a pretty long demo, prolly cuz its slow. looks great. its playing ryt now. i can't take my eyes off it. now i really can't wait. i want the emu now! o well.

seesoe is offline -Hacks Smarty

ah ok got ya, zanks

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

Added the download link.

ShadowWolf is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

This is sweet news, even though there arent too many good games on the PS1 IMO. N64 games pwn PS1
    Go RIGHT HERE and HERE for free $$$. Not even kidding. I have earned $126 and $45 from this
    If YOU think stealth PWNS, then click HERE

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

This is sweet news, even though there arent too many good games on the PS1 IMO. N64 games pwn PS1
    I neither agree nor do I disagree. Comparing the PSX to the N64 is like comparing the DS to the PSP (minus the shitty games for both).

But yeah, the N64 owns. Just recently I downloaded a complete set of every N64 game ever released in the U.S.

gthirst is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

An N64 emulator would be better, hands down. The N64 controller can be much more easily emulated than the Ps1 controller. Although this is still cool, the controls will be rather odd. Besides, the only game I want to play really is Metal Gear Solid, and there are sort-of enough buttons to play it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast