Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PSP connection with school's network ,,

blackswan is offline -Hacks Newbie

could it be possible... ?

my friend could connect his laptop to the internet of my school.. (school's service). but the thing is that when he connects to the internet, he has to log in with his student ID.

I tried connecting to the several SSID that were scanned by the PSP, but I get errors with everyone of them.

Any ideas ?

**I had the same error trying to connect to my LAN connection at home, but I got through it by going on my SMC and allowing my PSP's MAC address.. obviously, I can't do that at school... or can I ?
    Would there be any way to connect ?

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

Your school probably has a WEP key set up.

Neo_burn is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

it most likely wont work. You need to get a hold of the WEP key. I doubt your school would just give you one, well for educational purposes yeahh.

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

your school might not have a WEP key if your friend could get into it with his laptop. my school is the exact same way (log into your account). joe88 and i go into the schools wireless internet all the time with our psp's and all you need is the proxy server address and port number, probably. just look at the school internet settings (LAN) an your friend's laptop, or any computer that is in the school's network to see the proxy server info.

to do it, open internet explorer, go to tools on the top, and go to connection settings. you dont need to log in to your account on your psp.

Pride is offline -Hacks Newbie

could it be possible... ?

my friend could connect his laptop to the internet of my school.. (school's service). but the thing is that when he connects to the internet, he has to log in with his student ID.

I tried connecting to the several SSID that were scanned by the PSP, but I get errors with everyone of them.

Any ideas ?

**I had the same error trying to connect to my LAN connection at home, but I got through it by going on my SMC and allowing my PSP's MAC address.. obviously, I can't do that at school... or can I ?
    Would there be any way to connect ?
    Yessssssssss it is possable! And very easy... all you got to do it type in the school's internet ip's like IP: Gateway Ip: and all that on your psps internet settings.... Go to tools...Internet Options...Connections....LAN Settings... Advanced... then you will see all the schools ip to connect to.

crayzass1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

sigh, i have the same problem.

Purdue offers 2 options for the wireless network. WPA-TKIP or VPN. The WPA-TKIP is handled by a server and the keys are never given to the clients. I even work for IT here and there is no possible way to connect a PSP to the network using TKIP. There is some hope through VPN, but I am running a ceramic white 2.6 and will have to wait/hope for a downgrader or homebrew before I can try that method.

blackswan is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks for your solutions guys, i'll try tomorrow at my breaks =], it'll be awesome if it worked... bwahahhaha :rolleyes:

The hacker is offline -Hacks Veteran

all u guy do is steal conection from ur school can i get connected if my school use mas os? even the wireless internet thing is mac os (it is a router)

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

i guess you could. the only difference would be in the comps. the wireless connection should work for anything

HotShotAzn is offline -Hacks Ninja

its a wifi signal, regardless of the hardware. that is why you can run different things like PC/Notebooks or macs and even PDA's all on the same wireless network.
    Sig-a-what?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast