Thread: GPX2 (Gamepark)

Atomos128 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well, I own a PSP and love it, a lot infact... but I have a question concerning the new Linux Open Source device the GPX2

http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT9112527929.html

For those who are too lazy to read the link, for $200, a Korean company made a handheld device completely open-source, meaning free games, and good stuff like that. Supports a plethora of video/audio/photo codecs, and sports an 8 hr video playback time. It has an SD slot for expanded memory. Although its bigger and less svelte than the PSP, and can run homebrew and emus. Now, I am wondering, for those who know what I am talking about.

Can this p tackle psp homebrew (From this site for example), in the same format?

Can this take on psp game isos?

To finish up this post, although this really cool device seems heavenly, I read nothing about wireless play, leaving me to think that multiplayer is out of the question. Also, I would highly doubt warrently works with this.

km2
    km2 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Can this p tackle psp homebrew (From this site for example), in the same format?
    Yes

Can this take on psp game isos?
    No

To finish up this post, although this really cool device seems heavenly, I read nothing about wireless play, leaving me to think that multiplayer is out of the question. Also, I would highly doubt warrently works with this.
    It might have a extrernal wireless dongle you may have to purchase, same with the gp32.
    PSP Firmware : 1.50

Atomos128 is offline -Hacks Newbie

wow, than this machine is still pretty damn coo, although it can't tackle the isos, it has a library of 1000's of past games, plus homebrew linux applications. I read this can run DivX (which rocks for movies)

Resolver1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Also Gizmondo looks not bad www.gizmondo.com , It has more stuff then PSP and sell basicly for the same price, and memory ismuch cheaper then PSP's. It may not have such great games, but damn it looks good on paper.
    TFT screen ~ 240 x 320 pixels
    400 Mhz ARM9 from Samsung
    128-bit 3D Graphics accelerator from Nvidia Go4500
    GPS tracking application
    GPS mapping application
    MP3 playback
    MIDI/WAV formats
    SMS
    Speaker
    Windows Media Player 9
    MPEG 4 video playback
    JPEG camera (640 x 480)