Thread: RE: PSP > Dreamcast in graphics and power? ROFLMAO!

EMH
    EMH is offline -Hacks Smarty

Next to the "Nincest" news every fucking newbs were all excited. We saw many comment. Personaly I think n64 emulator is impossible for the psp, it could run on it of course but would never be at a playable speed, heck it cant even run Gba properly. It would really be cool to emulate a n64 on a psp but its just not possible, maybe for the psp2. Then I saw some stupid newbs saying things like "teh dreamcast could run it so teh psp can easily". Ok now I really laughed. First of all everyone knows that even the xbox has difficulties to run a n64 emulator so you get the point. But these newbs were stating that the dreamcast is LESS powerful than the PSP. They were comparing ram and mhz of a 128 bits console to a fuckin portable. PSP is powerful but don't say BS about it. And sorry for sony fanboys but ps2=/=psp.

So lets get back to DC and PSP. DC is MORE powerful than PSP and it has less loading times. Anyone who has a PSP and a DC know that, some newbs just never touched a DC. Here are some screenshots.

Nfl PSP(2005): http://media.psp.ign.com/media/727/7...g_2999888.html

Nfl DC(2001): http://media.dreamcast.ign.com/media...g_1291402.html

PSP has alot of aliasing and poor textures and look at the light effects and shadows on both screens. DC clearly looks better. And this isnt biaised because I took 2 similar games and screenshots. Now newbs, PSP power is between a N64 and a ps2. PSP is less powerful than dreamcast, and it would emulate a n64 at maybe 5 fps max.

Thanks.

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Thank you for your insightful words. N64 emulation on PSP is but a fantasy.

TALL_GUY is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

good comparison but you posted the same picture twice forgetting the dreamcast version. :D

Yo-ho.. yo-ho.. a pirates life for me...

EMH

I fixed it :)

TALL_GUY is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

ok now that i can see the two pictures correctly you are totally correct. the dc version does look alot better, everything is more crisp, the colors/pixels are not so blocky.

but you gota remember, the dc is a physically bigger console so they were able to put in more hardware power then sony was able to get in the psp. they are pretty darn close but still dc emu on psp isnt guna happen.

the closest thing we are guna get is maybe some dc ports to psp.

Yo-ho.. yo-ho.. a pirates life for me...

EMH

Quote Originally Posted by TALL_GUY
    ok now that i can see the two pictures correctly you are totally correct. the dc version does look alot better, everything is more crisp, the colors/pixels are not so blocky.

but you gota remember, the dc is a physically bigger console so they were able to put in more hardware power then sony was able to get in the psp. they are pretty darn close but still dc emu on psp isnt guna happen.

the closest thing we are guna get is maybe some dc ports to psp.
    Yes I know. Thats why DC is more powerful, I mean its a 128 bits home console. I agree that PSP ia great piece of technology but you've got the see the facts. And yes some DC ports could work well on the PSP but EMULATION is a total different thing, it requires alot of ressources and power.