Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to 2.6 (Not the newb question)

Atomos128 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Alright, I am sure some of you know about Reign's coolness... He revises the 2.01+ emus and makes them work 100% of the time. He puts a 100% load patch to UO_SNES, and sound, saving + 100% load to Dgen. Now, because of the similarites in 2.01 and 2.6, his patches only work for those, and I happen to be an owner of a 2.5. Question is... Should I upgrade? Also, (You didn't hear this from me), the new eloader can come out soon (hopefully), and gain the support of programs like TYL, and the other Genesis emu, and more. Should I not upgrade and wait for that? Or upgrade for the patches?

Also, a SNES_TYL patch is in the making! For 2.6 and 2.01

devvon is offline -Hacks Neophyte

i would wait to upgrade, because you can always upgrade but you might not always be able to downgrade.

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

u shoudl probabyl downgrade cuz if u are concidering now, then when u gte a PS3, u definately WILL upgrade, unless uy dotn plan on buying a PS3, then u shouldnt upgrade

EleMenT is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

He cant downgrade.

Caprisun is offline -Hacks Veteran

excuse me, ROT actually mader somthing work?

Atomos128 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Lol, lemme correct myself. ONLY HIS UOSNES patch works... I decided to wait for the new eloader, which I promise you all is REALLY SOON.

bmo24 is offline -Hacks Neophyte

not much difference in 2.5 and 2.6 just the security patches. Anything that is developed for 2.5 a week later it's on 2.6 so i don't think theres any problem in updating to 2.6. People do say 2.6 is very buggy but i have 2.6 and havn't had any problems.
    Bad bois back for good now...

xander_05 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bmo24
    not much difference in 2.5 and 2.6 just the security patches. Anything that is developed for 2.5 a week later it's on 2.6 so i don't think theres any problem in updating to 2.6. People do say 2.6 is very buggy but i have 2.6 and havn't had any problems.
    same I have 2.6 and I havnt had any problems whatsoever! It works well I find :)

Spartan 117 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

i might upgrade mto 2.6 cuz the new loader is like the 2.0 loader, so im thinking of upgrading, but im still debating, so im not sure yet
    lol @ Thread

© Spartan 117. 2005-2019. All rights Reserved, lol

Need X-Box 360 help, Click Here!

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

I got 1.5 on here right now but the only time I'll ever upgrade past 2.0 is when a real 2.01+ downgrader's ready to use.

I just don't see what would be in it for me to upgrade since I don't own any 2.01+ only games and I'm perfectly happy with better homebrew support, 2.00's browser, and the 30+ ISO games I can play for free.

I tried 2.5 and 2.6 PSP's out and considering how little the features they actually added to the firmware is so sad too see it makes me never wanna do a one way, no going back, ticket to hell upgrade lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast