Thread: overflow.tiff...a virus?

Nub
    Nub is offline -Hacks Newbie

when downloading to 1.5 the MPHDOWGRADER comes with a file called overflow.tiff thatyou are suppose to put in the photo folder on your psp. Nortan anti-virus keeps detecting this as a virus. I disabled norton anti-virus becase i heard everyoneelse was having the same problem.

So i went ahead and disabled norton and everything went smoothly. I have my 1.5 and a bunch of homebrew on it.

But i'm curious to why Norton is saying this is a virus if it isn't. Did Sony pay Norton anti-virus to say it is a virus? It is detected as Trojan.PSPBrick.

So after I got 1.5 I decided to run a virus scan. Norton again detected it as a virus and removed it from my computer. I check the virus defenistion and it say that the file is suppose to brick your PSP. Mine didn't brick though so I guess its ok.

Heres a link to the Trojan.PSPBrick Virus definition

http://securityresponse.symantec.com....pspbrick.html

What do you think??

Dr. Nick is offline -Hacks Veteran

It is not a virus or trojan. The fake 1.50 update (EBOOT.PBT) can have the trojan.
    So becarefull of where you download it from, like here this is a place you can trust.

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

it's not a virus. for the hundredth time. sony did pay the anti-virus companies

Nub
    Nub is offline -Hacks Newbie

wow what a quick reply less than a minute ...lol