Thread: PSP as SNES Controller - wireless

GreenAndi is offline -Hacks Newbie

hi Everyone

i know snes emulator [and others as well, neogeo] have been ported to PSP, but the screen is to small, not enough memory to store the games...play them on computer is better, however, the bad thing is using keyboard. you know what i mean, it does not comfortable.

i know there are iR remote, Universal remote >>> forgot their names, is short, those homebrew are using psp's IR fuction to controled tv, IR devices.
    my computer has USB wireless network adaptor, USB bluetooth, and IR as well.
    i was thinking by using psp's WiFi function to communicate with one of those. so i can used psp as controller for the snes emulator or neogeo to playing the game, mapping the bottons.

is there any such homebrew or program that i can use ?
    or is there any thought.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    firstly, i was thinking to modified my playstation 2 wireless controller, put them as in printer port or using USB interface. but, im afraid the reciever wont work.

am I weird or a geeks ?

thx for helps
    Fun Everyone

Neo_burn is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

let me just tell you about the stuff you said in the beginning. The resolution can become bigger (if u didnt mean the screen), remember that the snes has zipped rom support, i think you can have like 30+ roms on the 32mb stick (give or take some).

second of all.. i dont understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to use the psp as a remote to play SNES or NEOGEO on your computer? Why not just buy a SNES USB controller? i saw them before for like $10. anyways, if u cant.. im not sure if there is anything that is out there to what u are looking for. maybe someone can correct me here

Hi Neo_burn
    thx for the answer.

yeah, i want to buy SNES USB Controller, but using wireless controller is more fun & interesting :P
    i was going do to modified my wireless Playstation 2 controller.
    instaed, I wasted my wireless Playstation 2 Controller, what not try using PSP as the controller ?
    PSP build in WiFi anyway, i was thinking by usnig some programs, can communicate between PSP and Computer to play SNES and make PSP as the controller - wireless.

- - - - - - - - - -
    Because i know, PSP can be used to do computer desktop remote, IR TV remote, run DVD player [on the House], last time i saw using PSP on the car to control the Dvd, lights etc >> and all above done by wirellessly.
    so PSP as wireless controller, may be i can used it as controler the game on SNES the computer.

thx u

Neo_burn is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

yeah, using wireless is funner:D im sure this can be done because the PSP can view files on the (like TightVNC or HFS) but i dont think anyone has made such a program yet. You can try the ps2dev forums, they are all about making proggies. im no good at programming or modding so i cant really give much help sorry :(

it's ok Neo_burn
    at least someone gave me the answers
    thanks very much Neo_burn