Thread: Beware Of This App!!!

the_brein is offline -Hacks Newbie

I was showing off my psp and all the apps and iso's i had loaded when all of a sudden, while messing around with a program called PSPSCHEDULE, i got a a blue screen with a bunch of text.

if i had to bet, id say that this was the exact same screen that u see when u are downgrading your psp. u know when the progress gets to 99% and you power down then power up, the next screen that shows is that blue screen that u have to prees the circle button.

so oncw i saw that sceen i started getting scared. i hit the o button like during the downgrade then it looked as if my psp was being reset. is asked me what language and time zones crap.

holy shit!!! i started to power down cuz i had alot of my work crap that wasnt backed up in there. i could not power down. i held the power switch for 10 seconds and nothing. fuck it. i yanked the battery.

i waited for about an hour because i was too scared to turn it back on. when i did, it worked fine.

needless to say, my friend wont let me touch his psp much less, install homebrews. when i get home im deleting this app.

do not use PSPSCHEDULE.

Dr. Nick is offline -Hacks Veteran

No theres nothing to worry about. You can keep using that app. Its just that your system prefrences file got corrupted.

modsyn is offline -Hacks Guru

yeah, that happened to me just from using the internet browser one day. i don't think there's anything to fear form
    pspschedule. sometimes shit just breaks. mine did it for an entire day before deciding things were okay.
    jMEnc Guide, jMEnc2 page - by the way, you smell nice

Mazdapro5 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

what is pspschedule app for anyway?
    Proud PSP owner FW 1.5 + Madcatz Stealth Case, Sony Battery Pack

bob joe is offline -Hacks Smarty

the name says it all
    Are you in good hands?

Try using the PSP Upgrader/Downgrader
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=101827

the_brein is offline -Hacks Newbie

well, everything does seem to be fine. cept dates and times r wrong. dont know what other settings are off.