Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Opinions of the new Eboot loader, Piracy, etc

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

They say its one of the last eboot loaders too and won't ever ISO support. I'm not saying its possible to even load ISO's on 2.00+ but what kinda pisses me off is how they say the reason for not trying to get one working is because they are "agianst" pirated ISOs.

I don't get what people mean by "stoping pirated games so Sony will let us use homebrew" Sony don't give a shit. ISO loaders didn't exist at first and Sony STILL cockblocked homebrew and they always will ISOs or not.

They don't want you playing homebrew no matter what it is because they didn't make $$$ off selling you the UMD. The only "games" sony wants you to play is there own so they rake in the cash everytime. They want you to only buy "sony" UMD's for movies and games and "sony" Memory Pro Duos for the rest.

I don't really see the difference between downloading a Nintendo rom or a PSP ISO. They still re-make NES,SNES,SEGA,etc games all the time and bundle them up together as a NEW game.

So stealing profits from Nintendo,Sega,SNK,etc is alright for Fanjita,etc but stealing from Sony is wrong?
    (even tho downloading a copy of a game from a company worth BILLIONs to me is about the same as taking a grain of sand out of a private beach especially if you would of never bought it in the first place...)

If they are so AGIANST piracy as they claim then why add support for GameBoy Advance roms? They still make them games all the time....

PS2, Xbox, GBA, and now even the DS have relatively easy to use methods of pirating ALL THEIR GAMES not just some (like the PSP).

Has this crippled their game or system development?
    Make them lose all their money and give up?
    FUCK NO!
    It's not even made a impact on them.
    Why?
    Because for every 1 single user who downloads "pirated" games theres about 1,000+ more people who actually paid for it. $50.00 = one UMD you buy $00.25 = What it cost to produce it

The majority of ppl who bought it are usually too young or too unexperienced to even know whats truely possible on their systems no matter what system it is. No video game company has ever went under from "piracy" and Sony won't be the first...

Kraft is offline -Hacks Member

fanjita didnt make the emulators for psp, he made a eloader for legal purposes cause homebrew is legal, pirating isnt

HotShotAzn is offline -Hacks Ninja

say what you will, fanjita built the eboot loader to run emu's as well as other homebrew. he just got all high and mighty after pspupdates kissed his ass. proof of concept my ass
    Sig-a-what?

Casstreat is offline -Hacks Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by drmadcow
    They say its one of the last eboot loaders too and won't ever ISO support. I'm not saying its possible to even load ISO's on 2.00+ but what kinda pisses me off is how they say the reason for not trying to get one working is because they are "agianst" pirated ISOs.

I don't get what people mean by "stoping pirated games so Sony will let us use homebrew" Sony don't give a shit. ISO loaders didn't exist at first and Sony STILL cockblocked homebrew and they always will ISOs or not.

They don't want you playing homebrew no matter what it is because they didn't make $$$ off selling you the UMD. The only "games" sony wants you to play is there own so they rake in the cash everytime. They want you to only buy "sony" UMD's for movies and games and "sony" Memory Pro Duos for the rest.

I don't really see the difference between downloading a Nintendo rom or a PSP ISO. They still re-make NES,SNES,SEGA,etc games all the time and bundle them up together as a NEW game.

So stealing profits from Nintendo,Sega,SNK,etc is alright for Fanjita,etc but stealing from Sony is wrong?
    (even tho downloading a copy of a game from a company worth BILLIONs to me is about the same as taking a grain of sand out of a private beach especially if you would of never bought it in the first place...)

If they are so AGIANST piracy as they claim then why add support for GameBoy Advance roms? They still make them games all the time....

PS2, Xbox, GBA, and now even the DS have relatively easy to use methods of pirating ALL THEIR GAMES not just some (like the PSP).

FUCK NO!
    Why?
    Because for every 1 single user who downloads "pirated" games theres about 1,000+ more people who actually paid for it. $50.00 = one UMD you buy $00.25 = What it cost to produce it

The majority of ppl who bought it are usually too young or too unexperienced to even know whats truely possible on their systems no matter what system it is. No video game company has ever went under from "piracy" and Sony won't be the first...
    I agree with most of what you say but. There are something that need to be cleared up. Nintendo dose not lose any money when someone downloads a snes rom. When was the last time you could go to Target,best buy,or circut city and buy a snes game? Hell most stors dont even carry N64 games. There is almost no other way to get snes game other then downloading them. Yes Sony is a money grubing assload when it comes to there shit. and Yes $50.00 is a rip for a UMD game. I wish they would just stop trying to stop homebruw but there not. But when they patchup a exploit that tells me something. There trying ether to be dickweeds of fix something that could add up to a ISO loader. Now as the cost of UMD for them its not only $0.25. You have to add in the cost of programing. From what I hear it can cost up to $100.000 for one game, I know that most game dont any where near that but even if its $5,000 with is much that over 100 copys that have to be sold at full price.

DJ REMY is offline -Hacks Smarty

I agree for the most part with drmadcow, its bullshit that i already gave sony about $350 to get my psp, plus a quality mem stk, and they keep trying to stop homebrew, isos, ect. But as a programing student, i can somewhat understand the piracy thing. But for a muti-bagillion dollar corp to try to stop us from doing what we want to our product WE paid for, FUBAR!!!
    \"You don\'t know the power of the dark side, I MUST obey my master.\" Darth Vadar-Return of the Jedi

Kraft is offline -Hacks Member

they have had money troubles tho...theyre started to team up with another company to make something (i forgot which one) cause the were losing money fast, and also making the ps3 took a chunk out of their skyscraper sized wallets

Good point, i did forget that the psp sales werent all that great and production of ps3. But they sure as hell aint broke. Thats also beside the point, the point is that if i void my warranty using homebrew and/or mess something up,
    its on me, it should be my choice. they should offer updates, and from this point on its up to you if you do it or not.
    I'm at 2.6 and staying, got homebrew, and browser and all benifits that to Fanjita!!! I aint smart enough (YET!!) to do
    it myself.
    I wont hate on sony, its a good prod, and their just trying to cover their own asses i guess, but in the process, we get fucked.
    \"You don\'t know the power of the dark side, I MUST obey my master.\" Darth Vadar-Return of the Jedi

7InK is offline -Hacks Newbie

Meh. As long as I don't do another upgrade past my 2.6, I don't care what they try to stop. The only PSP games I plan on buying are Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia anyway. If those don't work on fw2.6, I'll just play em on XBox.
    \"An angel got his wings, and we hold our heads up knowing that he\'s fine.\"
    RIP John \"Beatz\" Holohan (1974-2005)

Ha ha. Yeah. It all depends on what they're offering on 3.00. It cant be that great. What else can this damn thing do, y'know? I think i'm sticking w 2.6. I've had enough trouble trying to get homebrew to work on that, i ain't tryin to mess that up for some dinky-ass app.

iaretuan is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by drmadcow

FUCK NO!
    Why?

i strongly agree with you. i think fanjita's full of it. i dont care what anyway says.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast