Thread: Car adapter for PSP works!!

DJ REMY is offline -Hacks Smarty

The other day i was in my car, and my psp was riding shotgun, and it dawned on me to try something, i used to
    have a car that didnt have a cd player, so i got one of those cassette adapters to playa portable cd player, y'know the deal. In my new car i have a 6 disc changer + a cassette player (Bose), the adapter happened to be in my glove box so i plugged it in at a red light, went to music menu and pressed play and it worked great, it also worked for the game and umds. Just thought those of you w cassette players in your cars would like to know.:D

\"You don\'t know the power of the dark side, I MUST obey my master.\" Darth Vadar-Return of the Jedi

capnfuffy is offline -Hacks Veteran

of cource it would work
    its just like any other audio device

i wish i had a cd/cassette player for psp
    i need to get a new head unit so i have aux input
    : (

well y'know, you never know with sony....but psp's awsome sound through 8 bose speakers kicks so much ass.
    \"You don\'t know the power of the dark side, I MUST obey my master.\" Darth Vadar-Return of the Jedi

capnfuffy is offline -Hacks Veteran

yeah it sounds pretty good in my car even with a fm trasmitter
    there lots of sounds in the gameplay that you cant even hear through the psp's speakers

shrimants is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

i think im gonna take apart a car adapter thing and build a power cable for it. i would actually just need the right combination of resistors in there, or atleast just the casing and metal parts. it would be a little more of a challange than the emergency battery pack i made.

LTG
    LTG is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DJ REMY
    The other day i was in my car, and my psp was riding shotgun, and it dawned on me to try something, i used to
    have a car that didnt have a cd player, so i got one of those cassette adapters to playa portable cd player, y'know the deal. In my new car i have a 6 disc changer + a cassette player (Bose), the adapter happened to be in am i gay ?my glove box so i plugged it in at a red light, went to music menu and pressed play and it worked great, it also worked for the game and umds. Just thought those of you w cassette players in your cars would like to know.:D
    ok buddy and .........
    [img]http://chosenofmystra.net/gabby/noob.jpg[img]

shrimants is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DJ REMY
    Just thought those of you w cassette players in your cars would like to know.:D
    LTG, this is what the point was.

thnks remy. Also, fiddle around with the sound button and see which sound mode sounds best. in my car Heavy is to much for the speakers with the music i listen to(the mars volta) so the bass kicks and it impacts the speaker too much and the rest of the sound is dampened by the speaker recoil. What are the specs of the adapter you are using? mine just all out blows but gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by shrimants
    i think im gonna take apart a car adapter thing and build a power cable for it. i would actually just need the right combination of resistors in there, or atleast just the casing and metal parts. it would be a little more of a challange than the emergency battery pack i made.
    Dont take it apart!!!!!!! Trust me, if u haven't already. It wont work right, the wires are all f@#$ed. If you get it to work let me know tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTG
    ok buddy and ......i'd like to lick your asshole clean
    if you didn't get the point just ignore the post and move on, just tryin to be helpful whatever way i can:D, and no, im not gay, but that was pretty clever

Quote Originally Posted by shrimants
    thnks remy. Also, fiddle around with the sound button and see which sound mode sounds best. in my car Heavy is to much for the speakers with the music i listen to(the mars volta) so the bass kicks and it impacts the speaker too much and the rest of the sound is dampened by the speaker recoil. What are the specs of the adapter you are using? mine just all out blows but gets the job done.
    I'll check the specs, i might have pitched the package, it aint on the adapter. Heavy sounds great w the amp and subs!!! Infected kicks so much ass, when my fiance is playing it i can barely concentrate on driving, i love it, thank god for airbags.haha

SHADES is offline -Hacks Smarty

Sorry maybe im being abit slow but how did u connect the psp to the car stereos??

I mean i understand you used the cassette adapters butwhere did u connect it on the psp did u connect it where the headphones go or where as the headphones socket is not ur bog standard socket or is it pls explain thanks

i plugged mine directly into the psp, bypassing the headphone remote adapter, screw that thing, it sucks! i havent used it since i got it, for home gaming and watching i got the logitec amp n speakers A+++ bad ass sound in a compact area.