Thread: New to this

manolis_04 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi there guys im new on this forum and to the hombrew scene on psp. I got a version 2.6 psp and a copy of GTA umd. I wanted to try the eboot loader for Gta but also wanted to know am i putting my psp at any risk by doing so?

biffyclyro is offline -Hacks Neophyte

if you went to the help section at looked at the stiky threads at the top of the page or used the search button you might find out. but this means you can never ask a noob question again because you've been told where all the information you need is. i know it was your first post so hopefully just a one off but there's no risk at all unless you try to accsess the flash memory within the psp
    MON THE BIFFY!!!-- really wanted to stop posting at 57 post-- 57= Amazing Biffy Tune

Randomstickynote is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

No, there is no risk using the eloader at all. Yes programs that access the flash can be harmful, but I have never heard of a case of one bricking a psp. Besides, not that many programs that access the flash can even be run with the eloader. Programs that access the flash are programs like PSPset, and PSPersonalize. The only thing I have ever heard of bricking the psp is the downgrader for 2.0 but that was most likiely just a stupid person screwing up. But if all you plan to do is run games, then your good, games will not brick your psp.

And this is a question, it should be in the help section.