Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is The Psp Scene Going to Die.

parks psp is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Hi Guys Well its been a while since any games have been Cracked. No ones been able to get the Psp to downgrade since version 2.00. 2.01 etc have been unhackable. With the new games like Outrun 06 having no prx files just one big file. And its been quite a while since a new emulator hit the psp has sony won the battle? Why not share not discuss things here. What do you think? From a personnel point of view I hope not but it is not looking good.

don
    don is offline -Hacks Ninja

there is a downgrader for 2.0 Its for 2.01 is that doesnt have one. They say that the 2.6 update is nearly impossible to be able to creat a downgrader. SInce Sony heard about all of the ISO's and emus and all the good stuf they decided that they woul make the updates a lot more securer[is that a word?] So the only hope is if when they release the 3.0 that has a bug therefore letting us come up with a downgrade. Thats what ive read and heard.

parks psp is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Hi Mate yeah I know theres a downgrader for 2.0 but not one for above which is a shame. But also the new games seem to be also unhackable don't they. I do hope that someone finds a way to hack version 3 firmware. I really do.

restless5150 is offline -Hacks Veteran

well i think the 1.5 has some life left in it...we've gotten about 70-85 % of the games cracked and that number is rising as we speak. A few gems are still out of reach like Fight Night, and FIFA Street and Socom is still missing key components (save , online)
    but we're still in there. I see new and innovative ways for the psp to be used come out every day through homebrew! The next big test won't be OutRun, but will be the next firmware update (albeit man Sony programmers disguise themselves as PSP hackers to help design the security). It's going to come out before year's end and you can believe that the best hackers out there will be hard at work to get home brew to run on it. They'll have their work cut out from them what with having to get PSONE games to run on 1.5 and whatnot....but I'm behind them. I won't update my firmware regardless but the psp scene will die down soon. Hopefully it won't be until the release of PSP2 though....................

restless out....

Hell's Hammer is offline -Hacks Hacker

Hey guess what? Everything is gonna die eventually so.....oops I guess that really isn't the point. But seriously I wouldn't worry to much about it. The PSP scene should be around for a long time to come (I hope)....

soulkiller is offline -Hacks Smarty

<40 years later> Hey man check this out I just got Doom 8 to run on my psp :P . THE PSP SCENE WILL NEVER DIE!!!!! VIVA LA PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P
    GOOGLE IS YOUR FREIND, USE IT. IF GOOGLE FAILS THEN REFER TO THIS LINK MQ:BtG Programmer

sticky is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

i reckon the next big test for psp devs is to get ff 7: crisis core to work on a 1.5.

trust me, when that game comesout and the iso out also, thousands of 1.5 psp users will spam the whole forum on how to get crisis core to work.

:::: [11th Squad Vice-Captain - Yachiru~!]::::

cls
    cls is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

no it wont die. unless there is a new psp

Kafka is offline -Hacks Smarty

it all depends on the interest in the format... if we all got bored, then no one would bust their ass coding homebrew and cracking games...
    yet again at the same time if everyone stopped working to advance the system we would all lose interest...
    \"...i have already lived and finished the life i planned to live - and everything from now on will be a new life, a different thing, a gig that ends tonight and starts tomorrow morning.\"

Rodimus_33 is offline -Hacks Smarty

I don't think it will die. Even if they make new games without PRX files, I am sure someone will be able to figure out a way to get them to work. IF not definitely an UMD loader to work with them..Even though some games are taking longer to get to work..Sims 2, etc. .Besides I think more homebrew games should be created!! Imagine if someone comes up with an awesome RPG homebrew game comparable to WOW..that would be awesome...we just never know..
    Originally 1.5...>2.0..then back to >1.5

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast