Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fully Set Up Memory Card for Newbs

bceagles is offline -Hacks Member

Well after a request by someone else i decided to throw together this little pack of homebrew applications for any and all to enjoy. I really like this idea, and i think more of these packs should be made. It is really helpfull for people who are just starting out on the psp scene. People should feel free to add onto this pack and upload it in this thread.

This is pretty self explainatory, check below for "detailed intructions". Below is a list of the hombrew that is contained in the pack.

http://rapidshare.de/files/18492912/...ction.rar.html

MPHGAMELOADER-MGH
    This will come up as an icon that says "MPH 2.00 game loader for 1.5" it is used to load whatever game is "In" the umd drive, i will expalin more on this later". this is where the folder entitled "mphgameloader" in the root of your memory stick comes in. This loader will attempt to load your game vis certain 2.00 system files on your memory stick. This was the first real "2.x game loader for 2.5" and this really got the ball rolling in terms of playing newer games on 1.5.

RUNUMD
    This was the next evolution of loading 2.x games on 1.5 psps. This loader will ask you to press x to start whatever game is "in" the umd drive, or o to make a folder with the name "x" on your memory stick. Since an "x" folder in contained in this pack, using the "O" option will not be neccessary. This is used for games like Grand theft auto, Syphon Filter, and other 2.x required games.

FASTLOADER v7.0 (H.K.)
    The fastloader series was the "first" iso loading program for the psp. Before this games had to be loaded individually through "game loaders". this was the last version before the program evolved into "umdemulator" (see below) this program has multiple capabilities. If an ".iso" file (psp game) is located in the ISO directory in the root of your memory stick, this will "run" that iso. (in simple terms, this will allow you to play real psp games off your memory stick). This program can also "dump" (meaning transfer the content of your legit UMD games onto your memory stick. That is where the folder ISO Split comes in. When you chose the option "dump inserted UMD" it will take you to a program, after a fake little warning, where you can dump your UMD onto your memory stick, the UMD will be put into "RAR archives" that must be opened with the program "winRar" you can download it for free, just search on google. Inside those rar files you will find a PSP_Game foler and a UMD Data.bin file. Using a program called "UMDGEN" (which can be found in the psp-hacks.com downloads section, but is not "homebew" for the psp techincally so was not included in this pack. If i update the pack and include UMD GEn then i will explain how to use that at that time. Fastloader also has the option to "start inserted UMD" so basically it would be the same as clicking the UMD game on your main psp menu.

UMD Emulator 8.0c
    The Umd Emulator series was the coninuation of the "fast loader program mentioned above. IT was devloped by psp legend Humma Kavula. This is another program used to load ISO files off of your memory stick, although this has some added abilites. there are three choices for loading games using this program. "system menu" which will load the iso into the psp main menu, and "trick" the psp into thinking that your iso in "in" the drive. This is the part that i mentioned in my explanation of the MPHgameloader. This may get confusing for some newbs, but try to follow. So now that you ahev tricked your psp into thinking that an ISO is really your UMD game, you can now run the MPHgameloader program if the ISO is one that will NOT RUN on 1.5. (ex. If you load the iso with UMD emulator and go to lauch the game and you get an error along the lines of "FFFFFFFFD3" then that is where you would use the MPHgameloader. Now this only worked for ceratin games, as sonys protection evolved newer methods were needed (RUNUMD) these are covered below. UMd emulator also has a "direct load" option, this is the same as fastloader, and a "copy load" option, which came in very handy when games needed to be patched using the "anea decrptor" i am not going to get into that as it is no longer neccessary.

SNES TYL
    Remember the good old days of super nintendo, well you can enjoy them again on your psp. This program is relativly simple. The only hard part being you must aquire the SNES ROM FILES. (HINT HINT HINT: use google). NO ROMS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS PACK, all you will see is an empty "ROM" directory.

NES
    Same as SNES but for Regular nintendo, again YOU NEED TO GET THE ROM FILES.

Dgen
    This is a sega genisis emulator for the psp. As with the above named titles, you must find the sega roms yourself, and i can not help you in any way.

RunUMD UMD Emulator v0.8C (Dark alex, H.K.)
    This is another "ISO LOADER", hopefully by now you understand what "iso loading" is all about. however, this is used to load games that the MPHGAMELOADER could not load, such as king kong, and megaman powered up. very simple program which function much in the same way as UMDEMULATOR. you can chose the load method, either copy load, LOADRUNUMD, or system load Run UMD, basically this will load your iso and then bring you to the "O" or "X" screen that was disscussed above. Simply hit "x" as you already have an "x" folder on your memory stick.

DAXZISO Lodaer
    This is slightly more confusing. But as you get into the world of (Hopefully legal) iso files, and possibly a small Memory stick, you will want a way to shrink those nasty iso files down, and this program is the way to do it. this program consists of two parts, the first part takes place on your PC. Now i will admit my stupidity because i forgot to include the DAX compression program in this pack, however when i update the pack that will be included. But you can still download the pack in the download section of psp-hacks.com. you will run the Dax compression program, and chose whatever ISO you wish to make smaller. it will then give you a file with extention .dax. these .dax files are loaded much in the same way as "iso" files. the only difference being you must use the DAXzISo loader to load them. DAXZISO loader functions much in the same way as UMDEMULATOR or fastloader. simply start the program, select your ".dax" file and you are good to go. Dax even has options for loading using MPHGAMELOADER(for newer games).

Quake
    Port of the old quake game, im not sure if i included all the neccessary files, because i believe that some are copyrighted, i will get back to you when i figure that situation out.

PSPRadio
    Very nice application that will allow you to hear internet radio on your psp. For this you must set up a network conntection on your psp (im not going to cover that here, beacuse that is something you are going to have to look up, ok fine ill expalin it, but i dont want to), on your main psp menu goto settings, go all the way to the bottom and hit "network settings",then "infrastructure mode", then "new connection, you can name the connection if you want, i do not. for ssid, go to the bottom and hit "scan" and then select your wireless network. IF your netowkr has a WEP key you will need to find that (usally a 26 charector key, which is very fun to type into the psp, not) i can not tell you where that is, becuase it is diffewrent for everyone. I find mine by going into my router through my internet browser, although you may not be as lucky. You can try typing 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.0.0, or 192.168.0.2 into your web browser on your pc and see if you get into your router (it will ask you for a name and password) for most people all you need to do is type "admin" without the quotes for the password, with no username. damn that was hard to explain. ok next hit easy for adress settings, and then save the connection. go back and laucnh psp radio, select the connnection you made, and pick any station to listen to and enjoy. I love this program.

Luaplayer
    Ok this one is going to be fun to explain. B asically this is a program which will lauch game or applications written in the coding laguage of "lua", if you download a homebrew game and it is not in "eboot" form" then most lilkley it is a lua game. to use it, naviagte yourself to the application folder which is located in the Luaplayer folder in the psp>game directory of your memory stick, and copy the contents of the game to a folder within that application folder, load up lua player, select the file with the .lua extension, and play.

Away From Keyboard Instant messenger program
    a messenger program that i admit i have never used. when i try it out ill get back to you.

File Assistant
    This program allows you to brose the contents of your psps flash memory (which we will not fool around with) and files on your memory stick. it can copy, delete, or rename files. explore all you want, but do not alter the files in the Flash memory of the psp.

Homers RIN (GameBoy Color)
    A game boy color emulator, find some game boy color roms, put in rom directory, and play them.

Few things i forgot....how do you know which games work with what loader? well did you notice that Comptability thread with like 25 pages of replies, theat you really didnt understand before? well check in there, after reading this guide i have a feeling youll understand whats going non lol.

so lets see what are some questions a newb would have...

Where can i find these ISO files to play games on my psp?
    Answer that everyone says but really is false...Take your UMD, use fastloader and dump your own games.
    Answer that is not so nice...look around, im not telling you where,, or how, or why, or when, but there out there. just like the aliens.

Where can i find rom files for my emulators?
    Didnt i already answer that, google, google, google

Did you miss anything bceagles?
    Yes, most definitly i missed some things, but its just a first release of the pack, im sure i and hopefully others, will update it as we see fit.

Simply open the "ROOT" folder, and copy the contents to whatever your psp drive is. (Notice: This will overwrie your saved games,
    i suggest making a backup of your saved games folder, which is done by dragging the savedata foler onto the desktop, and then moving that
    that savedata folder back after copying the "ROOT" folder onto your PSP.

restless5150 is offline -Hacks Veteran

kewl :o

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

you gotta put atleast some kind of instruction in there, man. you have like 20 apps (some of which are very complicated) and you havent told them how to use everything or even what everything is supposed to do. i wont go into it, but i think you've done them a disservice by doing the equivilent of giving a 6 year old a ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by killaj
    you gotta put atleast some kind of instruction in there, man. you have like 20 apps (some of which are very complicated) and you havent told them how to use everything or even what everything is supposed to do. i wont go into it, but i think you've done them a disservice by doing the equivilent of giving a 6 year old a ferrari.
    well i definitly agree with that, but im really intending for this to be more of a service for people who have looked around the forums and have a slight idea of what there getting into. but i guess i could go edit my post and add in some "hints" about using the programs.

ok i lied, i just wrote up pretty hefty explanations, i hope they help all the newbs out there.

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

wow. that's some detail.good work.

Jack_Bauer is offline -Hacks Neophyte

very nice work

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

nice! u must have spent a lot of time tpyign those descirptions, wow, soem people actually go to the length for noobs, lol good work!

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I can help you clean it up a bit. If you give me your consent, I'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by p4ch3c0
    I can help you clean it up a bit. If you give me your consent, I'll do it.
    by all means go ahead:)

Calo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast