Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Convince me not to update!

kleimey is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have a 1.5 but I'm thinking of updating. I think I'll get more use out of my psp with a web browser. Plus I really want to play SFA3 and Daxter and save my progress. I played enough snes and nes games a decade ago, I'm looking for something else. What are the killer homebrew apps that I'm missing?

cls
    cls is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

iso's daxter is playable with your own saves.sooo that is one point why not to update.
    emulators works best on 1.5
    a web browser is also avaible on 1.5 its a homebrew.

so dont updated

psychokill is offline -Hacks Veteran

good reason not to upgrade is you can play iso's and ALL the homebrew not just the select bits that work with the gta loader if you want a web browser i would just try to find a homebrew one.

contra24 is offline -Hacks Guru

what the advantage of upgrading? to play these few games that arent working yet on 1.50?! well this is not enough reason, and 1.50 have a browser "fired up browser",
    also upgrading is a one way tract so be carefull

try my 3.03OE-A installer here it\'s the best
    P.S DONT PM ME ASKING WHERE TO GET PS1 GAMES FROM

kleimey is offline -Hacks Newbie

what's the consensus on the "fired up browser"? will it run javascript, flash? what's the text input method like?

I believe there are snes emulators that work on 2.0+. Am I wrong here? What about NesterJ or other nes emulators?

dtjesus is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Yeah you can use nester and the snes emulators on 2.0+ but they work better on 1.5. i think the fired up browser is good, but if you want to update for the browser, dont go higher than 2.0 cos u can always downgrade again.

keedier is offline -Hacks Smarty

a good reason not to upgrade is to convince sony that whatever they put on their latest upgrade, 1.5 users can too using homebrews and then maybe *just maybe* sony will decide to legalize homebrew....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rin1276 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dtjesus
    Yeah you can use nester and the snes emulators on 2.0+ but they work better on 1.5. i think the fired up browser is good, but if you want to update for the browser, dont go higher than 2.0 cos u can always downgrade again.
    Wise words, young grasshopper.........

Genocide Music - Check out our music. Break away from the mainstream garbage.
    Download our ringtones for free, by logging on (through your cellphone) to www.tagtag.com/madhouse_pr

psiko_scweek is offline -Hacks Neophyte

Id say just stay with either 1.5 or 2.0 at least till a downgrader or full acess comes out for any other firmware versions. everyone is right, what can be made for the other versions of the FW can be re-created with homebrew on the 1.5.

also, think of this, if say the PSX emulator gets released and it requires kernal mode for some reason, your SOL then. lol, the homebrew scene is getting better and better, and a lot of programmers are keeping things in user mode for the TIFF and GTA exploits, but if a killer app DOES get released on the PSP that requires 1.5...you may regret upgrading.

anyways, 1.5s are getting harder to find, so save up your cash or just sell your 1.5 to someone who wnts a 1.5 and then buy yourself a 2.6
    Regards,
    Psiko Studios

EMH
    EMH is offline -Hacks Smarty

Lmao update if you want.

Daxter iso works on 1.5, Syphon filter works on 1.5. All the good games works with 1.5. Only a few, dont work and I dont even know them cuz they are crap.

And did you know that you can have the 2.0 browser with the MPH firmware launcher? Yes you can emulate the 2.0 firmware.

I will keep 1.5 forever, there is no point in upgrading.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast