Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of hacks

haymish is offline -Hacks Newbie

I just bought a 1.5 with hacks on it and I want to play 2.0 games but it will not allow me. How do I get rid of the hacks and go back to the original, like out of the box PSP 1.5 without turning it into a brick. I am trying to play 2 store bought games GTA and The Hustle and both will not load. Your help would be appreciated.

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

You have to use the sonyXteam version changer to change it from ver 7.50 back to 1.50 , also go to restore to default setting in the PSP settings menu.

killaj is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

you should also know that both those games work on 1.5 using run umd

what will happen if I just restore my default settings. will that get rid of my problem or just cause me more problems, like locking me up for good.

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

It should get rid of the problem.
    What firmware ver does the psp says it has ? (i know you have 1.50 but using the ver changer you cab flash it to think it a 7.50)

in systems settings it says version 1.5. My problem right now is I can't down load anything onto the computer I am using at the moment. But if I restore my defaults will it do anything by it self or do I need the other files also?

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

umm well if you use dax ziso loader or the new devhook you can play nearly any 2.0+ psp game on 1.5 without having to upgrade it. runumd/mphgameloader in em make them work w/ alot of 2.0+ games w/ just a few exceptions so i wouldnt upgrade unless it was one of them but still I wouldn't upgrade past 2.0

fmtony is offline -Hacks Newbie

This info is great guys, but I think haymish wants to know if there is any way to revert back to an "out of box" model of the PSP.

Hacks are great for those experienced users that have played around, but to the inexperienced or the weary, they would rather let Sony do all the updating for them.

Haymish bought his PSP used, and did not know he was getting a hacked PSP. Need to get it back to normal because he WANTS to upgrade to 2.0 (or 2.7 for that matter), which he cannot do right now.

I am thinking use the "restore default settings" and "format memory stick" should do the trick, but before I advise something like that, I wouldn't mind hearing from the experts on the chances of turning his PSP into a brick trying it.

Thanks for the help.

Calo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

ya like there what keeps u using the psp, if there were no hacks i would be pretty bored

MaverickHunterZero is offline -Hacks Smarty

The homebrew definitely keeps the PSP interesting if you've run out of games to play. You have near infinite possibilities once you can run homebrew, you just have to hope for good software to run with it. We already have quite a nice lot of emulators and some ports like Doom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast