Thread: Interesting (official) news on future firmware.

Ace 519 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04/25/psp/index.php
    There's the link.Read the last paragraph. Ken Kutaragi plans to release two more firmwares. One in summer and one in winter. The winter firmware will be the final update and will be able to boot games off the ms.

\"You can\'t change the world, but you can put a dent in it.\" -dunno who said it, but I heard it.

http://gh.ffshrine.org

restless5150 is offline -Hacks Veteran

for you lazy folk here's the arty:

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. will begin offering Tuesday a software update for the PlayStation Portable (PSP) that adds several features including support for Flash content and the ability to save audio podcasts.

At present, the PSP’s Web browser, which itself was added to the device through a software update last year, doesn’t display Flash content although the update will change that bringing basic compatibility with Macromedia Flash 6, although Sony notes not all functions are supported. On the podcast side, the current player can only handle live streams of files captured through RSS (Really Simple Syndication) but with the update users will be able to download and store files to a Memory Stick for offline playback.

There are several additional functions with the update including support for AAC audio, simplified and traditional Chinese characters, and an enhancement to the LocationFree TV player.

The update, which will take the PSP’s firmware to version 2.70, will be available through the device’s update function in the main menu and through the Web, said Sony. The company has only announced the update for Japanese versions of the PSP although typically the same update is released for overseas versions at the same time or shortly afterwards. Sony has posted North American system updates for the PSP through its Web site.

Tuesday’s update is one of three promised for this year. Last month SCEI President Ken Kutaragi outlined plans for the year and said a second update will follow in the “summer” and will add video podcast support and expand the video profile for the UMD (Universal Media Disc) removable media that the PSP uses. A final software update, due in the “winter,” will add the ability to boot games from Memory Stick media and VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) telephony

drmadcow is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

wierd theres no mention of the PS1 emulator. But the updates don't really impress me too much I mean "boot games off the ms" that'd be good and all but the only games that'll be bootable is ones you gotta pay to play or demos. As for making your own games they'll put some wierd encryption stuff like they did on that new 2.7 demo.

I'm stickin' w/ 1.5 until they come out with a fw update that can make a girls hand reach thru my psp screen and jerk me off then wipe up the mess afterwards.

sticky is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

boot games from Memory Stick media
    hmm........ i wonder what will it be........ i guess it must be the ps1 emulator and games...... 90% sure.........

:::: [11th Squad Vice-Captain - Yachiru~!]::::

TheAceOfHearts is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

I think they will release full games but you will need to pay and they will encode them with your MAC address or something...
    killaj said: there is one answer to one simple question as to whether a girl is attractive or not. One all-inclusive, unbelievably powerful question that you must ask yourself to determine if you think a girl is hot or not. Do you know what that question is? "Would I hit it?"
    If your answer is "yes", then that's all you need to know. Hit that shit. If your answer is "no", then leave it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko
    Michael said (5:41 PM):
    it doesn't really it just helps soften the impact of my tremendous cock once i grab them from behind
    NewInfo2Day.Com

Calo is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by CesarAndreu
    I think they will release full games but you will need to pay and they will encode them with your MAC address or something...
    will games be cheaper this way, i say this because games will not go through the shops then, so they will not be able to profit on us.

psychokill is offline -Hacks Veteran

games wont be any cheaper they will just make more profit and as for locking a mac addy how long do you think it will be bore some1 makes a program to edit the files to match your mac addy

Ace 519 is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by psychokill
    games wont be any cheaper they will just make more profit and as for locking a mac addy how long do you think it will be bore some1 makes a program to edit the files to match your mac addy
    Yeah but its gonna be the final update which means itll be hard as fucking hell to crack and get homebrew running on it...
    \"You can\'t change the world, but you can put a dent in it.\" -dunno who said it, but I heard it.

http://gh.ffshrine.org

Dr. Nick is offline -Hacks Veteran

Pfft yeah right.
    This wont (Winter update) be the final update

Rikus is offline -Hacks Hacker

the voip will be really cool though, when is winter coming, im from south africa and here its winter already until about september, i think.