Thread: newb question re: worthwhile to buy a 1.5 or not?

MrMiyagi is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hey all, I'm kicking myself for returning my PSP around release time a long time ago. Was thinking about getting another one but wanted to know if it was really worth paying for a used one w/ 1.5 on it (eBay). Mostly I'm interested in the classic emulators...i.e. NES, SNES, MAME...not necessarily the ability to play UMD files from the mem stick. Since I havent seen any of these emulators running I was wondering if any of them are actually good...running at 100% w/ sound...etc?

Opinions?

MAB_Leeder is offline -Hacks Hacker

The SNES emulator is actually really good, with 100% functionality, and the NES is good as well, as long as you known which emulators to get... You dont have to buy a 1.5 to be able to play these roms and emulators, you just need to have a 2.6 or lower, and use the gta hack (you also need to have the gta lcs game).
    If you think the prices for the used 1.5 are too high, i'd just go for a cheaper, but newer fw version if i was you.

p0Wer is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

I'd go for the 1.5 PSP

contra24 is offline -Hacks Guru

snes emulator is good, but still iso's are the best

try my 3.03OE-A installer here it\'s the best
    P.S DONT PM ME ASKING WHERE TO GET PS1 GAMES FROM

cookie2rule is offline -Hacks Member

i agree
    wOoOoOoOoOoO psp v1.5 with 400 movies two 2gb mermoy sticks and a whole lot of fun !
    ! BOOSTER !
    i think everyone should do this after what he did for us !
    ! hopefully he will come back :> !

Chewy954 is offline -Hacks Titan

Go for the 1.5, if you dont you'll regret buying that 2.6

TheAceOfHearts is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Yeah... Once you get 1.5 you will never want to leave it... Plus... I was like that when I started.. Saying I would not use ISO's, but right now the only thing my PSP is good for is playing ISO's xD.
    killaj said: there is one answer to one simple question as to whether a girl is attractive or not. One all-inclusive, unbelievably powerful question that you must ask yourself to determine if you think a girl is hot or not. Do you know what that question is? "Would I hit it?"
    If your answer is "yes", then that's all you need to know. Hit that shit. If your answer is "no", then leave it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoko
    Michael said (5:41 PM):
    it doesn't really it just helps soften the impact of my tremendous cock once i grab them from behind
    NewInfo2Day.Com

Diabolical is offline -Hacks Newbie

All of these have sound and are playable (on my 1.0, so it should work OK on 1.5):
    SNES Emulator (SNES TYL 4.2 ME) - I'd say it's about 80-90% close to perfect. Still lots of bugs. Sound *still* doesn't load up right after loading save states, etc...
    NES Emulator (Nester J 1.20 beta) - Absolutely perfect, it even doesn't run at 333. I think Ruka should release a final version soon.
    Genesis Emulator (DGEN 1.50) - This is about 90-95% perfect. I'm having problems with the latest version released a few days ago though... Hopefully this will go final sometime soon..
    Game Boy Emulator (Rin) - Perfect, but I don't really care for GB...so I don't use it much.
    WonderSwan Color/PC Engine (e[mulator]) - I'd say it's about 80% perfect. PC Engine emulation needs a little more improvements, but WSC is pretty much perfect.
    Neo Geo Pocket (NGPSP): Perfect but sound is not emulated properly. Playable, but don't expect to listen to the game music.

Haven't tried SCUMM or the Neo Geo CD emulators but should work fine from what I hear.

Some notable platforms the PSP doesn't emulate properly are N64 (no sound yet), PS1 (nothing past alpha release), Sega CD/Saturn (none exist), GBA (runs slow), most of MAME (i.e. big files such as the Capcom fighters), and so forth.