Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Background resolutions?

  
  1. #1
    SajberT is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    356
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Working on designing my own background for me' PSP. The highest possible resolution seems to be 300x170 and it needs to be a 24bit bmp file under 150kb filesize. But, if you run 2.0 or higher with support for wallpapers, do you still need that crappy resolution - don't see why you can't make use of the PSP's 480x272 res?

    Since you can run snes emu's on the 2.0 I might consider using it if I could have some proper looking backgrounds <3

    - Downgraded 2.5 factory Black PSP running 3.90 M33-2 -

    Wish list: Mario 64 + Zelda - Ocarina of Time running on PSP
    Awaited Releases: FF7: Crisis Core

  2. #2
    p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    3,720
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    You can use the full resolution for 2.0+.

  3. #3
    SajberT is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    356
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Kewl, I might upgrade to 2.0 then - I can't say I'm that impressed by the ISO-stuff anyway, a bother to get running and takes up vast ammounts of memory which I'd rather have for manga scans and anime.

    Time to research how to get the snes roms running on the 2.0 then, oyea - internetbrowser too!
    - Downgraded 2.5 factory Black PSP running 3.90 M33-2 -

    Wish list: Mario 64 + Zelda - Ocarina of Time running on PSP
    Awaited Releases: FF7: Crisis Core

  4. #4
    yanquiuxo is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SajberT
    I can't say I'm that impressed by the ISO-stuff anyway, a bother to get running and takes up vast ammounts of memory which I'd rather have for manga scans and anime.
    hahaha...there's browsers on 1.5 too d00d just search around.

    yeah i'm not impressed either by the fact that i have over 600 dollars worth of games on my computer...i really want to pay 50 bucks for something i pick up and play when i'm bored...

    say goodbye to the best firmware...the funniest thing i find about this post is the fact that the main reason you're upgrading is because you think the backgrounds look lo-res. :bucktooth:

    ...still waiting for street sk8er to work for psx......

  5. #5
    SajberT is offline -Hacks Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    356
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yanquiuxo
    Quote Originally Posted by SajberT
    I can't say I'm that impressed by the ISO-stuff anyway, a bother to get running and takes up vast ammounts of memory which I'd rather have for manga scans and anime.
    hahaha...there's browsers on 1.5 too d00d just search around.

    yeah i'm not impressed either by the fact that i have over 600 dollars worth of games on my computer...i really want to pay 50 bucks for something i pick up and play when i'm bored...

    say goodbye to the best firmware...the funniest thing i find about this post is the fact that the main reason you're upgrading is because you think the backgrounds look lo-res. :bucktooth:
    Tbh I just don't find 90% of the PSP's games worth playing, the other 10% - sure fine, but it's alot of extra trouble. I find more enjoyment in the snes games (which there are plenty of) and always have, the few games which I do look forward to I could just aswell buy (like what? 2 games..) and by doing so I support the companies aswell.

    If I should horribly change my mind, I could just downgrade *shrug*

    EDIT: And yes, I know there are browsers for the 1.5 version, but once again.. more trouble, trouble = time and I don't have alot of that atm
    - Downgraded 2.5 factory Black PSP running 3.90 M33-2 -

    Wish list: Mario 64 + Zelda - Ocarina of Time running on PSP
    Awaited Releases: FF7: Crisis Core

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •