Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bricking through a corrupted ISO of a sort?

sol.ch is offline -Hacks Newbie

First off, I'd like to bring up front that I do not support piracy, and as a matter of fact, I don't even own a PSP yet! I'm about to get one in a week or so, but have decided to do plenty of research through these sort of forums to hopefully make the best use of the 1.5 PSP that my parents are buying me, and not through downloading ISOs.

But a question through downloading ISOs, and I must emphasize that this is just a question of curiosity:

Is it possible to have your PSP bricked through loading an ISO? Such as a corrupted ISO of some sort, or one with a virus installed?

I've heard most people getting their PSPs bricked by tampering with flash and experimenting with homebrewing or screwing up on a step on how to do so-and-so on a PSP, but none really on someone who decided to download some ISO off the internet, only to find out that the ISO was corrupted and thus ruining his PSP...if it's even possible, which goes right back to the question.

p4ch3c0 is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

It's impossible.

Chewy954 is offline -Hacks Titan

Quote Originally Posted by sol.ch
    First off, I'd like to bring up front that I do not support piracy, and as a matter of fact, I don't even own a PSP yet! I'm about to get one in a week or so, but have decided to do plenty of research through these sort of forums to hopefully make the best use of the 1.5 PSP that my parents are buying me, and not through downloading ISOs.

But a question through downloading ISOs, and I must emphasize that this is just a question of curiosity:

Is it possible to have your PSP bricked through loading an ISO? Such as a corrupted ISO of some sort, or one with a virus installed?

I've heard most people getting their PSPs bricked by tampering with flash and experimenting with homebrewing or screwing up on a step on how to do so-and-so on a PSP, but none really on someone who decided to download some ISO off the internet, only to find out that the ISO was corrupted and thus ruining his PSP...if it's even possible, which goes right back to the question.
    How can you brick a psp with a corrupted ISO? The most it can do is crash your psp, meaning you'll have to restart it.

contra24 is offline -Hacks Guru

exactly as they said, the only way to brick ur psp is to mess with the flash not knowing what u r doing, and trust me if u bought 1.50 psp u will changes all your thoughts about piracy!

try my 3.03OE-A installer here it\'s the best
    P.S DONT PM ME ASKING WHERE TO GET PS1 GAMES FROM

pspHappy is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by sol.ch

why do you wanna know that?
    are you plotting to brick 1.5's?
    hope not!!!!!!!

cls
    cls is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

yep just dont use xflash or pspset if you dont want to brick your psp

Big Moe is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

buy it and have fun with it and stay away from your flash and what you are not sure about we all will help you with :D
    Long Live Psp 1.5 -> 4.01 M33-2 -> 5.00 M33-3

your guide to the four loaders method

OGTiago is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Staind is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Uh huh, sure you don't want to use iso's.

BTW you can talk about them here, just not were you get them. YEAH FOR ILLEGAL ISO'S!!!!!

SirKillAlot is offline Senior Member -Hacks Hacker

I'm sorry but "ARE ISOS DANGEROUS???"... I feel like slapping this guy
    Vote for my first t-shirt design "Constructive Motion" if you dig simplicity!
    http://www.designbyhumans.com/vote/detail/72245

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast