Thread: Downgrade then upgrading --> causes stability problems?

sol.ch is offline -Hacks Newbie

So right now I have a brand-new, unopened v2.0 PSP "F" Value Pack sitting next to me, and I'm left with two choices...

1) either open it right now and downgrade it to a 1.5 and enjoy it.

2) refund it then, with the $249.99 (does tax come with refunds?), spend $190 on a used "virgin" 1.5 PSP that my friend has and use the other $60 on other things?

I know I posted a topic similar to this requesting which way I should go with spending my money, but my real question is this:

Once I downgrade my 2.0 PSP to a 1.5, let's say that for some reason I wanted to upgrade it once more to...say, a 2.7. I have heard someone do something similar to this, only to get his PSP BRICKED shortly after the upgrade.

Does upgrading a downgraded firmware cause stability problems for the PSP? Should I just get a "virgin" 1.5 PSP so later when I want to upgrade to a 2.7, I can just upgrade an original rather than a downgraded firmware?

contra24 is offline -Hacks Guru

downgrading and upgrading wont make any stability problem at all, bricking psp while d/u is because something wrong you do, do it right and nothing will happen at all,

if u can get 250$ for ur psp and u know someone with good 1.50 psp for 190$ then buy it and buy 1 gig memorystick with the 60$ and enjoy the iso world

try my 3.03OE-A installer here it\'s the best
    P.S DONT PM ME ASKING WHERE TO GET PS1 GAMES FROM

elboffor is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

why would ya want to upgrade to 2.7?
    just downgrade to 1.5 and then thats that

if ya ever want a 2.7 then all ya have to do is sell yer 1.5 and ya will get more money than it costs to buy a new 2.7
    or if ya want dual firmware buy the mod chip and have 1.5 and 2.7