Thread: Hello, To start off...

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Okay, lets start off wqith a Hi! Im nedthehead. This is my first post here and I am very interested in learning about all the unique things the PSP has to offer. But, there are some questions I want answeerd:
    1. What exactly is Homebrew? I have heard a lot of people talking about it and well I know there is no support for 2.7 firmware, I would still like to know for future development.
    2. I know whats ISO's are (similar to ROM files) and is there any way to get ISO's (Legal/Illeagal) working with a PSP other than 1.5? I think Homebrew has an app from what I have read, but I dont know much about it, and I have 2.7 anyways (not my choice of FW BTW)
    3. Can I have some information (wrong forum though) on the hardware specs of the PSP? Processor? Speed? etc. things like that.
    4. Has the PSP linux project basically died out?

I am also very experienced with UClinx (A base for Linux platforms) and iPods so im very happy to know there is something helpful like this for the PSP. I do know a lot and am not a n00b, rather, a newb.
    Thanks

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

OGTiago is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Chewy954 is offline -Hacks Titan

this shouldnt be in the general section go to help

iketurner is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by nedthehead
    I have 2.7 anyways (not my choice of FW BTW)
    Just to let you know.... theres no homebrew... iso's.... emulators.... nothing for you.

No shit! There I was, inadvertent IMC and inverted... with a slingload. How did I know i was inverted? My air medals were dangling in my face and all my instruments were redline, except my clock, and time was running low...

nedthehead is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Sorry, I just thought this wasnt exactly asking for any PSP related help.
    1. Wouldnt ya know that google (I use Yahoo mainly too) showed nothing that wasnt in a 50 page thread somewhere on some other forum? I dont like to sift through "grabage".
    2. I know there is nothign of any sort for 2.7 users. I was just wondering this for when Homebrew is eventually cracked, or is it the firmware image that needs to be cracked?

Scribble = Idk, if someone randomly punched in the STOMACH it wouldn't really hurt, especially if it was a girl. I think though, it's because I have lots of stomach muscle and that my stomach would automatically flex.

Rikus is offline -Hacks Hacker

iketurner u muthafucka this^ guy is no noob, hes a newb and i know how u feel btw. u can always play .swf on ur psp, i call it flashbrew cuz its a lot like homebrew, but its legal.

Joe88 is offline -Hacks Titan

There a limit to the .swf file size that can be used.
    And a lot of regular ones crash.

Rikus is offline -Hacks Hacker

but its at least a step forward and the demos are not bad either.