Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which to buy? V2.0 or V2.5

danielbarton is offline -Hacks Newbie

Hi,

I'm getting a PSP for my son and would like a bit of help please as am new to this.

I have two options.

1. A PSP Firmware Version 2.00 - £105.00
    2. A PSP Firmware Version 2.5 with 1gb memory stick duo - £115.00

On first looks the second looks the better due to the memory stick being worth more than ten pounds. However I've just looked into this firmware issue and started to get confused.

Which of the two models would you suggest I get.

I would like to download games and be able to play these on the psp. Would this be possible under both?

I've seen around that you can downgrade versions... Is this possible with both?

Games to download would be both new ones (ie from bittorrent sites) and old snes games etc.

Any advise on this matter would be more than appreciated. Dont want ot buy the son the wrong one and be hated!!!!!

Thanks

Daniel

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

If you want to play ISO fied games get the 2.00 and use the downgrade to 1.5

If you are a honest lawbiding person, buy the 2.5
    ( ^^)b

Randomstickynote is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

2.0 definately, you will save thousands y not having to buy games (with 2.0 you can downgrade to 1.5 and use ISOs which are basically free PSP games)

Wait if its for your son, you gotta make sure you teach him how to do all that stuff becasue he will probably not know how to do that stuff and will want to update because of course updates sound good.

Where do u get these iso's from? and what kind of size would they be please.

I am getting downgrading to 1.5 is just a matter of looking around for the right guide.

thanks for the quick replies.

ps. I have little integrity so dont mind a bit of piracy!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Randomstickynote
    Wait if its for your son, you gotta make sure you teach him how to do all that stuff becasue he will probably not know how to do that stuff and will want to update because of course updates sound good.
    Good thinking!!! I'll remind him of this. I guess that by upgrading it you'll lose the ability to play these downloaded games. Sure he'll be put off with the threat of having a few games compared to unlimited potential!!

Looks like 2.0 verison is the way to go.

Wat sort of memmory stick would you suggest? Not too sure how big these files will be.

Had a look on ???????com and found

????????????

File size 462mb

I guess this is the iso thing which was mentioned earlier?

We cant tell you where to get ISOs here because they are considered illegal, so dont ask here (I'll PM you) You should edit out that link too man.

Go ahead and get him atleast a 1gb mem stick because almost all ISOs can be run off of a 1gb mem stick.

And since almost all ISOS run now you might as well not buy that many UMD games because of course you can download them free, but also those UMDs in order to run require updates, and they can upgrade your PSP while ISOs cant update your PSP.

Oh yeah you will need to buy him one UMD because to run ISOs you have to have a UMD in the drive, so get him an old UMD that does not require you to update. I reccomend either Lumines or Wipeout Pure. Lumins is a puzzle game and Wipeout Pure is a kick ass racing game, its according to his tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomstickynote
    We cant tell you where to get ISOs here because they are considered illegal, so dont ask here (I'll PM you) You should edit out that link too man.

Go ahead and get him atleast a 1gb mem stick because almost all ISOs can be run off of a 1gb mem stick.
    Thanks for the help.... Looking forward to reading the PM.

Just to confirm once and for alll............ 100% yes on the 2.0 verison.

mmmmmm is offline Senior Member -Hacks God

Yes get the 2.00. after you downgrade it to 1.5 you can apply a patch , or firmware trick.
    This will be descibed in any good guide for the MPH downgrader, basicly you patch the firmware version number to read higher than any given firmware version. If you trick it to 2.7 and then try to update to 2.7 the update will fail because the PSP thinks it is already there, effectivley locking out updates. To be super safe you can trick all the way to 9.99

ed--> There is a danger of updating while emulating a higher firmware, as you do when using devhook to run ISOs, but the update files can be removed from most games during conversion to ISO.
    ( ^^)b

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast