Thread: The new Modchip

-Daxx- is offline -Hacks Newbie

So i've heard about this new chip coming out soon...but what does it actually do...and can you get them in th UK? Please someone let me know! Thanks

R2DMP is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

SEARCH!...omg this has been answered a 1,000,001 times...

DiGiT is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'll give you a straight answer alastair265.

The chip will allow you to run a second firmware. So if for instance you have a PSP with firmware 1.5 and you can't play some of the up to date games such as Locoroco that require 2.71 FW you can load 2.71 FW on to the U.P modchip. Or the other way around. If you have a PSP with 2.71 FW already on it you can put FW 1.0 or 1.5 on the modchip. Switching between the two firmwares is very easy. Turn PSP as normal, it will boot to the U.P modchip bios. Turn PSP on while holding L1, it will boot to your original PSP bios. Thats it! :mrgreen:

Just in case you did'nt know aswell the chip must be fitted inside your PSP and attatched to the mainboard via 16 wires (ish). Very delicate job, but i will be doing my own as i am very skilled in soldering and have no problem doing this at all.

Also you can buy the chip in the UK from http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/Undil...hip-p-226.html they also supply a install service if you don't want to try it yourself.

Hope that helps ;)
    Factory Psp 2.6 -> 1.5

-Daxx- is offline -Hacks Newbie

thanks so much for that DiGiT...great help!

Quote Originally Posted by alastair265
    Your welcome alastair265. I can understand the regulars on this site getting fed up with answering the same questions over and over. But it does help to do a search first. Saves you getting abuse off admins and such. But still i don't mind ;)
    Factory Psp 2.6 -> 1.5

PSPBMXkid is offline -Hacks Smarty

O this looks o so sweet but i wouldnt know how to put it on well i would im just not good a soldering soo...i am way to scared to skrew it up AGAIN...

R2DMP is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by DiGiT
    Quote Originally Posted by alastair265
    Your welcome alastair265. I can understand the regulars on this site getting fed up with answering the same questions over and over. But it does help to do a search first. Saves you getting abuse off admins and such. But still i don't mind ;)
    Because it floods the fourms with unwanted questioning and we hate seeing the same question over and over again...if u look in this section there gotta be more than 3 or 4 topics about this...

So dont be callin people out...its not a great way to start on these fourms

MarsVolta is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

and then custom firmware will start to be made

Quote Originally Posted by ready2destroymypsp
    So dont be callin people out...its not a great way to start on these fourms
    Heh! Don't have a go at me. I was only helping. Which is more than what most people do on here. Thought thats what forum's were for? Not trolling them to have a go at someone else for mutiple threads of the same thing.

I did warn him about posting the same thing and doing a search. But i did it in a nice way.

Anyway if your so high and mighty delete the thread and save yourself time of posting instead!
    Factory Psp 2.6 -> 1.5