Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Epsilon Bios quick question

w0wzors is offline -Hacks Newbie

Well i havenít really seen this question answered fully, so here it goes.

With the new epsilon bios coming out and it being a custom 2.71 firmware, will it require that the UP mod chip has 1.5 and the custom 2.71fw be on the PSPís flash? Or must the PSP have Firmware 1.5 and the UP mod chip have the custom 2.71 in its flash. Thank you for your answers.

I realize this may not be answerable because no one here has the up mod chip installed or the epsilon bios.

Dr. Nick is offline -Hacks Veteran

The modchip's Flash memory acts independentally from the PSP's orignal flash.

So in latence terms The UP mod chip will stay 1.5 and the hacked 2.71 will be placed on psp update and will use the 1.5 (UP) kernel acces to allow the 2.71 to run on the psp?

Quote Originally Posted by w0wzors
    So in latence terms The UP mod chip will stay 1.5 and the hacked 2.71 will be placed on psp update and will use the 1.5 (UP) kernel acces to allow the 2.71 to run on the psp?
    no
    Switch that around and then you'll be right.
    You'll have to flash the hacked firmware on to the modchip via your PC.

Sounds to me like this mod chip is aimed for psp's with fw 1.5 already, i cant see much use for a 2.6 psp to have the modchip.

So the psp must be 1.5 and the UP must be 2.71(mod), so can this UP mod allow for a 2.6 user to flash the psp to 1.5 then upload a 2.71 hack onto the UP after the psp has been flashed?

By the way thank you very much for the kind responses.

Quote Originally Posted by w0wzors
    Sounds to me like this mod chip is aimed for psp's with fw 1.5 already, i cant see much use for a 2.6 psp to have the modchip.

So the psp must be 1.5 and the UP must be 2.71(mod), so can this UP mod allow for a 2.6 user to flash the psp to 1.5 then upload a 2.71 hack onto the UP after the psp has been flashed?

By the way thank you very much for the kind responses.
    You just don't get it. It is a FLASH REPLACEMENT meaning that you can have like 2.xx on the PSP's flash and have 1.00/1.50 or the Epsilon Firmware on the modchip. download the Flash dump and then flash the modchip with the Windows app.

Thanks i was confused from an article i had read stating that the epsilon bios took advantage from kernel acces which i only thought could be pulled off by a 1.5 being somewhere on the psp be it UP or psp flash and the epsilon bios being on the other. But i had mistaken, thank you for clearing this up.

DiGiT is offline -Hacks Newbie

I for one have 2.6 FW on my PSP atm. So my plan is to have the hacked 2.71 firmware on the U.P chip and completely forget about the original PSP bios.

I mean even if i did have 1.5 FW already on my PSP, what would be the point of still using that bios if this hacked 2.71 FW can do iso's straight off the memory stick without any third party loader. I'm not to sure on the homebrew side of thing's weither or not you still have to use a loader of some sort.

Correct me if i'm wrong on any of this, or you can add to it.

Thanks

DiGiT ;)
    Factory Psp 2.6 -> 1.5

Yeah i see what your saying also, but what i thought earlier which is clearly wrong is that the 2.71 firmware required 1.5 frimware to e present somewhere for it to acces kernel, but i believe now that 2.71 its self can hack the firmware.

Rikus is offline -Hacks Hacker

what is this HACKED 2.71FW ur talking about?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast