Thread: Web browser on 1.5

flezet is offline -Hacks Newbie

I'm new here and i just wanted to say that this site rocks and the cummunity here is really nice.
    I was trying to play need for speed rivals and used UMDemu. The game didn't work so i tried to play with the iso emulation options.
    When i chose the the 'system menu' option the PSP returned to the menu but as a 2.5 PSP with the web browser.
    I don't have a router so I couldn't check if I could surf the net and I didn't want to mess with the PSP 'cause i'm a noob and afraid of bricking it or something...
    Could someone please check it out and say if it's possible to use the functions of the 2.5 PSP after loading the NFS rivals iso.
    Sorry for the long post...

RipeTomatoe is offline Senior Member -Hacks Hacker

unless you are loading devhook, or you actually have a 2.5 then no

flezet is offline -Hacks Newbie

What devhook got to do with it? What to load with it??

p0Wer is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Devhook emulates 2.5 firmware.

pkmaximum is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

There are many options for browing the web on firmware 1.5, here is the best to worse in list form:

1. Dev Hook emulating 2.5 firmware for the commercial web browser from SONY.

2. Links 2 web browser from the makers of PSP Radio.

3. Fired Up Browser Available in the downloads section and using UMD emulator you can browse the web but unfort, lacks cursors, and a mouse,etc.

4. Then there was the first web browser ever available for the PSP using wipe out pure and changing the DNS settings within the game you can acess a web portal and acess the web. I would not recommend this browser anymore because its relativley slower and does not offer java script or any other web browsing features, besides simple web surfing, and you must own a copy of Wipe Out pure to use this browser. Basically this is just about the same as the Fired up browser.

Well hope this information helps. Long story short if you are looking for a good web browser I would reccomend emulating firmware 2.5 with dev hook because that is the best web browser available yet.
    1 God 1 King is truly a king =D He saved me from leaving the scene, but kindly donating his PSP to me. Anybody who talks to him on these forums, is not worthy of his kindness =P THANK YOU 1 GOD 1 KING!!!!