Thread: Sending slingbox feed to psp

taffowl is offline -Hacks Newbie

Just managed to sling the feed from my slingbox to my psp via the slingplayer software.. it's not perfect but just wanted to prove to myself that it is possible...obviously its simply a feed and you can't change channels but it's wireless and it's pretty neat.

The video is a bit jerky but this can be improved by changing some compression details and moving the psp nearer to my router.

Below is a link to the video i've just took of the slinging in process.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vi...c64e4fc.601558

Used portable VLC for the psp whcih you can get from here: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=6053 ..streaming a file from the pc using the vlc software is pretty good quality!

Only downgraded my psp two days ago and well impressed with the homebrew stuff!!

Resolver1 is offline -Hacks Newbie

Doesn't PiMPStreamer has the same function? http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/506

taffowl is offline -Hacks Newbie

I thought Pimpstreamer only allows you to stream files from your pc whereby using the above method allow sme to stream an existing network stream onto my psp.. i might be wrong though so i'll check Pimpstreamer out a bit more..

cheers

taffowl

FatesWebb is offline -Hacks Newbie

I have been wanting to do this, I havent researched it much, but dont really see a lot of details on what you did... hmmm...

I wonder if there is a mobile emulator, since there is a sling mobile software that would allow full functionality...

now that I think of it, I wonder if you could use the vnc for psp to remote in and change the channels, and use your method to view the stream, this would be a poor mans sling viewer.... will have to test....

katarock1392 is offline -Hacks Newbie

back when the psp first got hacked & we could run wipe out pure with no umd, and was able to go online through it, is it possible to make an eboot out of the sling player mobile that they have for the phones & pda's where we can just run it like wipe out pure ?. or can someone point or direct me in the direction where to find the program to make an eboot. then could try to load the sling player mobile on the psp.

katarock1392 is offline -Hacks Newbie

if i could run sling player mobile on my dash phone with 200 mhz prosser 54 ram 128 flash 320 x 240. there is no reason why this should be a hard prosses on the psp powerhouse matchine.