The above video goes away if you are a member and logged in, so log in now!

Would you like to get all the new buzz from Dashhacks in your email each day?

Want to learn more about the team who brings you the Dash Hacks news?

Read about them now!

Thread: GameCube Emulator for the PSP!!

Breath of Fire is offline -Hacks Guru

So this guy has been working on a GC emu for the PSP right now it is very laggy but working check out the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNpIQPz7FNU

" Video: PSP Gamecube Emulator Alpha v0.01 - Don't Get Excited!

Chathurga has uploaded a vide to Youtube of something he says he's been working hard on for some time now, a GC emulator for the PSP. He claims to have got Windwalker for the GC booting on a v1.5 PSP but there is no sound, lack of control synergy and says not to get your hopes up, as nothing decent will really come out of this. "
    _______PSP | Version 3.52-M33 | 2GB Memory Stick Pro DUO
    _______Click Here for my Fully Setup gpSP thread

pkmaximum is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

wow its amazing your PSP bricks and you have to join the rest of the dump hoaxers out there... shame on you....
    1 God 1 King is truly a king =D He saved me from leaving the scene, but kindly donating his PSP to me. Anybody who talks to him on these forums, is not worthy of his kindness =P THANK YOU 1 GOD 1 KING!!!!

ShiNZ is offline -Hacks Member

Quote Originally Posted by Breath of Fire
    So this guy has been working on a GC emu for the PSP right now it is very laggy but working check out the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNpIQPz7FNU

" Video: PSP Gamecube Emulator Alpha v0.01 - Don't Get Excited!

Chathurga has uploaded a vide to Youtube of something he says he's been working hard on for some time now, a GC emulator for the PSP. He claims to have got Windwalker for the GC booting on a v1.5 PSP but there is no sound, lack of control synergy and says not to get your hopes up, as nothing decent will really come out of this. "
    top quality bs man... even my comp cant emulate a gc at acceptable speeds... google dolphin for a real gc emu on the pc... and it ONLY runs puzzle bobble at full speed...:bucktooth:

RaiderX is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

lol, pkmaximum is right. this probably isnt real, POSSIBLY could be, but I doubt it. I commented on the video and was ncie in case it is reala nd asked himt o release it.

Isnt it funny how the people who make these amazing things are the oens thta never release their work?

crypysmoker is offline -Hacks Neophyte

I love how peopel dont even bother to see how emulators work. the psp can handle gamecube about a smuch as it can handle ps2 or xbox
    The stupidity and iggnorance of todays youth will lead to world destruction. Join the End of the world party today for a small fee of your life savings.

Call now!!!

psychokill is offline -Hacks Guru

even sony are only going to emulate the ps1 and as for the gc not having a decent emulator on the pc its because not many people made them or worked on them anything that is worked on enough can work within reason and as long as both devices have the similar power

kersplatty is offline -Hacks Smarty

it says its fake it was a joke

pkmaximum is offline Senior Member -Hacks Titan

Yes but I have read and followed the emulator Dolphin (game cube emulator for the PC) and the author of that emulator said that emulating the game cube requires a strong processor, and graphics card. The PSP can't handle the graphics or the CPU. Also the ram could never handle it iether. Yes game cube is an extremely hard system to emulate and we are not at that point yet unfort. now if SONY could do a ps2 emulator I think they would and charge us amazing cash for the ps2 games. But the processing speed is simmilar to game cube and PSP same as processing speed is simmilar in PSP=Dreamcast. But simmilar power is definently not enough for instance if that was the case then the N64 emulation would be almost very easily done. PSP is trueley to weak for emulation higher than the N64 period (playstation 1, sega saturn, sega mega cd, 3d0) all those things are possible but definently no higher. Because to get an emulation the device has to be much more powerful and compatible in processors to recieve a decent emulation or any emulation at all.
    1 God 1 King is truly a king =D He saved me from leaving the scene, but kindly donating his PSP to me. Anybody who talks to him on these forums, is not worthy of his kindness =P THANK YOU 1 GOD 1 KING!!!!