Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: enhancing memory?

mav3r1ck is offline -Hacks Smarty

has there been any news as to how to enhance the memory or speed of the psp? when im browsing the net on the browser (using devhook to run 2.71) i run into "not enough memory" alot, so was wondering if theres a way to increase the memory, or tac on virtual memory from the memory stick?

pkmaximum is offline Senior Member -Hacks Veteran

I also put some thought on this, and the main memory of the PSP is just an SD card that is only 32 mega bites. I was wondering if it was possible to literally just take a bigger SD card and then write another custom firmware that allowed the PSP to allocate more memory through the SD card. I'm assuming the PSP can handle at least 64 mega bites of ram if this was possible, also it would allow easier emulationis such as N64. The only problem to get to that SD card you have to bring the PSP to its bear bones =[ So some might even say that is harder to do than the mod chip. Also I was reading up on modifications for units and I believe increasing processing speed is illegal but ram has an exception.
    1 God 1 King is truly a king =D He saved me from leaving the scene, but kindly donating his PSP to me. Anybody who talks to him on these forums, is not worthy of his kindness =P THANK YOU 1 GOD 1 KING!!!!

whosloosin92 is offline -Hacks Smarty

How could processor speed be illegal?

ISOHaven is offline -Hacks Guru

What do you hope to gain by using the SD slot for program memory? You wouldn't gain anything by doing as such.

All speed limitations have been busted by running games as ISOs form the memory stick.
    If the truth hurts.....CHANGE

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

Kyorisu is offline -Hacks Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by pkmaximum
    I believe increasing processing speed is illegal but ram has an exception.
    What have you been smoking? You bought it you can do whatever the hell you feel like with it.

Neton is offline -Hacks Neophyte

^
    That's saying you bought a gun and you could do anything you want with it...

Plus, it's not entirely true. If you live in the US it is a FEDERAL CRIME to circumvent any digital security. Other countries will have to speak for themselves.

Stephen at AeroXP is the worlds greatest piece of CRAP! I urge anyone and EVERYONE to go give him hell. He uses his authority at that site to slander and lie about people then lock the threads before any clarity can be shown.

mav3r1ck is offline -Hacks Smarty

Quote Originally Posted by Neton
    ^
    That's saying you bought a gun and you could do anything you want with it...
    how is a proccessor ANYTHING like a gun??? its just like overclocking a CPU on a pc, except smaller, and im not talking about games, im talking about apps and the such, i have access to the web yeah, but it loads half a page and says not enough memory, plus it would benefit alot of other apps too, allows for alot more movement for the proccessor and alot more to run simultaniously(multitasking)

MarsVolta is offline Senior Member -Hacks Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ISOHaven
    Plus, it's not entirely true. If you live in the US it is a FEDERAL CRIME to circumvent any digital security. Other countries will have to speak for themselves.
    is it really? hmm i didnt know that. i figured you could do whatever you want with ur property. cool

That's just it, you might own the hardware but you don't own the software. You never OWN software unless you write it yourself. Firmware is software. Only firm instead of soft :)

If anyone where to ever "Crack" $onys private key they would find themselves in prison.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast